Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indigestion or ??

Indigestion or ??

I've suffered with acid for a while & am on omeprazole and when anxiety when is on a bad day i just lose my appetite anyway today i woke feeling fine then bout an hour later i got the tight knot feeling in my stomach & no appetite :( but i made a sandwich about 3pm and made myself eat it as i no we have to push through the anxiety to beat this ! but soon as i ate the sandwich i got the worse pain just below ribs in center like the sandwich was stuck there and couldn't move !! i was rubbing my stomach for a while until i burp but still had the pain between ribs :( its now 8.30pm & still have the pain not as bad as today but its still there making me anxious am still trying to rub it now & then and burping sometimes but pain aint budging everyone saying its just indigestion but my mind worrying over time to what it is ? any1 been through this

---------- Post added 02-11-12 at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was 01-11-12 at 21:44 ----------

ANY1 ????
    Seems to have settled in my chest now and just sat along my belly button not painful just a weird sensation :(

Re: Indigestion or ??

Any news on when they may do the endoscopy?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nope not yet and this is now making me so anxious was just below ribs in center today like bad indigestion lasted for hours now just a weird feeling above belly button :(

I have had indigestion today as well after eating a tuna sarnie for lunch but I took some paracetamol and that sorted it.

I think yours needs looking at as it has gone on for a long time now hasn't it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes thats what i said to the doc its gone on now over a year am drinking gaviscon like water and my omeprazole dont help it all :( Today the pain was so sore i didnt realize indigestion could be so back just felt like my sandwich was stuck just below ribs in center now thats finally moved its just a bit sore below ribs :(

Been Doctors this morning as still woke with the pain from yesterday and felt i needed to burp or trump but nothing will come out lol, anyway doc gave me mottilium & some gavison and told me to take 3 times a day ??

Hi Honeyp1e, I suffer with acid reflux. When I have a bad bout I double up from 20mg of Omeprazole to 40mg. What dosage are you on? I double up for a couple of weeks when things are bad and it works for me. If Omeprazole isn't working for you I would ask the Doctor for a different PPI. I was on lansoprazole first and that did nothing for me, Omeprazole works better for me, my main symptoms are acid coming up into my throat which burns it and in bad cases it has caused gastritis. Different PPI's work better for different symptoms.

I also take my Omeprazole 30 minutes before food as this makes them work better. I have my bed elevated as recommended by Doctor as it helps to stop acid coming up in the night. Never sleep on your right side or tummy as this aggravates symptoms. Avoid tea, coffee, fizzy drinks, citrus fruits, chocolate and tomatoes as they are the main triggers.

Hope this helps and hope you get well soon

i just keep over thinking its not acid or indigestion :( only ate a sandwich yesterday (ham) and then got the worse pain in my chest then just below ribs now its a traveling a little futher down since i took a motilium am on 20mg Omeprazole only been back on them since Monday so 5days but i didnt think indigestion could be so painful like this its like i need a big burp but i wont come out my chest is sore but the worse pain is just below ribs no burning (id rather have the burning than this right now )

I was given a list about potential triggers as I used to get bad acid reflux on a regular basis. Processed meats are one of the potential triggers. What triggers symptoms off for some might not for others but I thought I'd mention it as you've had ham.

I would try a very bland diet for a few days but do try and eat as not eating makes things worse.

am just so scared to eat in case this pain is back again & even though EVERY1 has said it is indigestion am thinking its some major bug ( am emetophobic) but it did start just after i ate a ham sandwich big pain in my chest like the sandwich was stuck there and just wouldnt move and i woke with the pain still just not as bad as yesterday but its still bad didnt think indigestion was ever this painful i took my mottilium earlier on when the pain was below ribs in center now it seems to just be above belly button area am just so scared to eat due to getting this pain bk x

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

i feel a burp build up then nothing comes out :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information