Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WORRIED I"VE GOT OVARIAN CANCER

Hi Langlim,

I thought I had ovarian cancer too. Amazing how many of us take the same route. We all look up the symptoms and scare the daylights out of ourselves. I was having a lot of pelvic pain. I had several tests done, all of them ruled out ovarian cancer. Of corse, the pain subsided after I discovered that nothing was wrong. You don't mention your age. If you are going thru peri-menopause, those symptoms can be the result. I was peri-menopausal at age 37.

Mia

I'm 26 so no not menopausal!

Is there something in the air at the moment. I too am worried about ovarian cancer as I have lower back pain and sort of mild pelvic pain so of course it must be something bad. I cut my mum's grass last week so I could have hurt my back doing that and I could also just be imagining the pelic pains but I am still worried. I am 41 so I suppose that I could be going thru the peri-menopause (my periods can be a bit irregular) but not sure whether this can cause the symptoms. Don't know what to do.

Hi Langlim,

I hope that you are feeling better now, and that some of the replies you got have put your mind at ease, I know its hard when you have got health anxiety, its like everything points to the most serious thing it could be is'nt it.

I have quite bad ovulation pains some months, which I always worry about, I have had two ectopic pregnancies in the past, so I tend to worry alot about these kind of pains, even though I had to have both my fallopian tubes removed, so I am unable to have an ectopic again, I still worry about that....please don't start thinking that this may be what is wrong with you.

After we ovulate, we get something called a corpus luteum cyst that stays there until our period comes, it develops to get ready for any pregnancy that we might have each month, and can be painful. If we don't get pregnant it goes away, until next ovulation...but if we do conceive then it stays there because I think it releases some hormone that helps a pregnancy to develop.

I am only saying about this because this may be the reason why you are getting pain , but these kind of cysts are harmless, but as I said they can be painful.

Take care

sara

I was reading all these mails and thought oh no this is me too. I have polycystic ovary syndrome and this means you have cysts on your ovaries, I have one large cyst on my left ovary and this used to cause pain sometimes. I kept thinking the pain I got when I had a period was so bad in the end I went for an internal scan, to find everything was OK.
    But then I also used to suffer from migraine and ended up with an MRI as I was convinced I had a brain tumour in there. [:O]
    Its our stresses and strains that make us magnify our worries and sometimes make us go a little mad at times with worry.
    Believe me you are not the only one to do this, we all seem too!

hi there,i have same probs with ovulation pains ect,been for a scan got results today small fibroid but nothing sinister,i think more people suffer from it than we think,try relax sure youlle be fine.polly a xx

p appleyard

I had all of the classic ovarian cancer symptoms. Bloating, lower abdominal pain, lower back pain and nausea. I was driving around thinking about leaving my family. I was sure it was really serious.[:I] Once I found out I was okay, I stopped having the pains. Now I have a different set of symptoms[V] I guess with anxiety, there are always symptoms.

Mia

I had all of the classic ovarian cancer symptoms. Bloating, lower abdominal pain, lower back pain and nausea. I was driving around thinking about leaving my family. I was sure it was really serious.[:I] Once I found out I was okay, I stopped having the pains. Now I have a different set of symptoms[V] I guess with anxiety, there are always symptoms.

Mia

Re: WORRIED I"VE GOT OVARIAN CANCER

HMMM SOUND JUST LIKE ME, im 38 and i have convinced myself that i have got ovarian cancer, and it doesnt help that my mum died of it 12 years ago, my stomach is always very bloated at the end of the day, i have random pains in my side, i have average pain while im ovulating (am not on the pill), also have quite a lot of wind, and some heartburn, and sometimes get short of breath which im sure is down to me stressing, im going to the docs next week just to get some sort of test which is making me even more stressed !! after watching my mum go through it, was diagnosed in late stages and she only lived for ten weeks after diagnosis, and now jst totaly convinced myself that i have all the same symptoms she had. im going off my head stressing!

Re: WORRIED I"VE GOT OVARIAN CANCER

Hi ,

I was just wondering what you all mean by pelvic pain and wind, i also have a fear of ovarian cancer and i get windy but not the burping kind!!! also pain but not in abdomen but a heavy achey feeling down below and am convinced i have it and am in final stages( mind you ive had these symptoms for at least a year now and they've not gotten worse) i had a recent smear which came back clear but nothing would show up on that anyway, im 38 this year so dont know if it could be age related, any advice or thought guys before i start to freak out more and pester my poor doc again..........xx

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information