Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WORRIED I"VE GOT OVARIAN CANCER

Re: WORRIED I"VE GOT OVARIAN CANCER

I'm going through this aswell,along with cervical and womb and bowel.

Few weeks ago I had a pelvic infection which made me feel like my legs,groin and pelvis and lower abdomen were on fire. I could hardly walk into the doctor's room. Since then,I'm terrified it is cancer progressing somewhere and I can't get it out my head.

I have lost weight but have severe lower abdominal bloating,like a pressure in the stomach,I am getting full quick when I do eat,have wind but it kind of burps silently inside,I am constipated and can't pooh on my own and when I have something to help me go,my insides are blown to hell. My vagina is sore also and my anus feels swollen.

I'm sure I'm dying and I wish I could stop this. xxxxx

I didnt want to start a new post as this is about ovarian, i'm still really scared i have it, i've got lower back pain at the moment and am late for my period ( 5 days), i've just started monitoring them as i've not really bothered as my husband had a vasectomy years ago, so i'm not sure if i'm on time or not although last month i was only a few days late, so is this irregular periods then ? I know a sign of ovarian is irregular periods and i'm really scared, i've also had pelvic pain as well but no bloating although i do have wind but not burping, i've all the symptoms , i'm sitting here with my rescue remedy literally shaking, im 38 this year so i dont think im menopausal, do u think i should see my doctor, i hate this feeling of complete fear i can't function with it , someone help , please x

hi sweety,I have the signs also,but I'm also freaking about bowel,colon all sorts too. I am leaving shortly to go to doctors. I think you should see a doc too. You can't live in fear sweets.

I have irregular periods,my last one was 5th March and it lasted 2 days then nothing..then weird yellow discharge in my pants. I have pelvic pain and I am bloated ot hell,can't pooh on my own,my vagina feels swollen,I do silent burps all the time,pass wind, back pain,I am very scared too and my thoughts are with you petal.

The only little thing I am clinigng to with this is that I heard it does not give any sort of pain and symptoms til it is very progressed and you are reeeallly ill.

But then my HA fears make me think that I am different. :(

xxxx

Thanks for your reply hun , im off to get an appointment now, i just keep on thinking ok so its a silent disease, but maybe that is me starting to get the symptoms of it they've got to start sometime, that's not good is it, as for the wind i do eat a lot of fibre rich foods plus all bran every morning, i don't feel ill so that's a good sign , if it is ovarian i just hope its not been left for too long as ive had these symtoms going on at least eight months, help x

hello aqbout bad ovualtion pains , well about a week b4 my mensues are due i get a really bad ovary pian one sidded usually the left been 2 the doctor as im neariing 33 years of age my doctor says when u get over 30 in most cases u will have bad nagging pains as ur body isnt young anymore , andyway my sister had really bad period pains untils she had children as im lead 2 belive periods are worser as we get older until menopause , have u been tested for endremetrios hope thats correct spelling and also smokers have worser periods than non smoker as ive been smoking and my peroids are worser that ever , as 4 ovarian cancer its vary rare and increases with age my doctors only seen 1 case of it in 20 years , oh and stress makes them worser hope this helps

hello aqbout bad ovualtion pains , well about a week b4 my mensues are due i get a really bad ovary pian one sidded usually the left been 2 the doctor as im neariing 33 years of age my doctor says when u get over 30 in most cases u will have bad nagging pains as ur body isnt young anymore , andyway my sister had really bad period pains untils she had children as im lead 2 belive periods are worser as we get older until menopause , have u been tested for endremetrios hope thats correct spelling and also smokers have worser periods than non smoker as ive been smoking and my peroids are worser that ever , as 4 ovarian cancer its vary rare and increases with age my doctors only seen 1 case of it in 20 years , oh and stress makes them worser hope this helps

How did you get on Kittykat? I am worried too. waiting for an ultrasound...lower back pain, groin pain, loin pain :(

I'm seeing the doctor on Mnday so in for a long weekend, im just going to tell him my worries and ask for a blood test as this can indicate the prescence of ovarian cancer. I'm now about 5 days late for my period which adds to my worries , no chance of being pregnant , dont know if this is norm for me as i have not usually counted my menstration cycle, i was 2 days late last month, argh im still freaking out here, plus my rescue remedys not helping

Hi there everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum.

My sister in law died of Ovarian Cancer 9 years ago and an aunt of mine died from it about 20 years ago. As it is in my family on both sides I am concerned for my 14 year old daughter. Obviously at this stage doctors don't want to know about testing her because the likelihood is that she may never get it and until now there wasn't a test that could detect it in the early stages. However, I noticed an announcement in the Daily Express that a new early detection test has been launched this month. It is called Ovplex and is aimed at women with symptoms but I believe that it can also be used to detect ovarian cancer in girls from the age of 13. It is a test that you can buy privately (I don't think you can get it on the NHS) but it has a 94% detection rate. I googled Ovplex and the site came up as www.ovplex.co.uk. I know that if this test had been around when my sister law had Ovarian Cancer she may well still be alive today to tell the story. She was one of the unfortunate ones. They believe she had Ovarian Cancer when she was pregnant and it wasn't even picked up on the scan. She was diagnosed with everything except Cancer and when finally a doctor picked it up she died a year later.

Let's hope this test can save many womens lives who die needlessly due to not being diagnosed.

Quote Originally Posted by langlim View Post
    hi all,

I am a health anxiety sufferer,

i'm really worried i have ovarian cancer, I do suffer with really bad ovualtion pains, and lately I've been getting the occasional odd twinge if cough. I've done the worst thing possible and looked on google and have now convinced myself I've got it.

It mentions abdominal bloating, gas, abnormal periods, and that its a silent killer.

While i was ovulating my stomach really does bloat up and I know its disgusting but I have gas quite bad too at the mo. I believe stress can contribute to irregular periods, mine aren't that irregular, but last month i hardly had anything it was really light. I have only in the last few months stopped taking oral pill. I don't bleed any other times of the month, other than period.

I'm just so worried, can anyone help?!?

I also got aches in my back on the right side, which I think is cancer too, secondary, i have been to doctors about and and he says its muscular, but I'm not convinced.

PLEASE HELP!
    Nothing is ringing alarm bells from what you've said.
    I get ovulation pains. Its how I worked out how to have my daughter!
    My periods are really light some months & quite heavy others. Short cycle. I also get the bloating thing. Also get the back ache.
    Years ago I used to google & even followed an ovarian cancer sufferrers online blog. Baaaaad idea really. These days I never ever google. If I am concerned about something I post on here for advice.
    Ive had scans for ovary cysts, been to see consultants & diagnosed with I.B.S. These days I avoid the doctors like the plague to be honest.
    But googling is the worst thing you can do. Before the net I used to look things up in a health dictionary. Equally as bad!
    According to that I should have died a good few times over by now!
    Seriously stay away from the google thing. And you've then halved your worries. The rest is up to you

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information