Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i have been put on propranolol

i have been put on propranolol

can any one tell if they have been put on propranol and if so how long do they take to work and the side effects

ian brinkler

Hi Brink, I haven’t been on them but I know a few who have and chrisx who comes on here had been on them about 15 years. I don’t know why you are on them but they are a beta blocker not an antidepressant as such, they slow down the heart rate so I suppose you suffer a lot of palpitations, My daughter was put on them about a year ago and she was told to take them when necessary, not as a fixed dose daily etc, so I would think they work right away not take weeks to months to kick in like antidepressants. She only took them for a couple of months and don’t really get on with many meds, so we are not sure if they did make her feel any better, but everyone is different and get different reactions from different meds. This is a good site with useful information on them. http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/30002589 Hope this is of some help to you. Take care, Vernon

Hi Brink

I'm on 40mg twice a day - and i hav'nt had any side effects what so ever.

They took a few days before i noticed them working and for me they have been a godsend. One of my worst symtoms was a racing heart and i was constantly worried that i was having a heart attack - so the tablets have helped slow my heart rate and really helped my anxiety.

Take care.

Marie XXX

Hi Brink, I think they are a wonder pill, they are not antidepressents, they just calm you down by stopping your adrenaline and then enables your heart to have a rest. I only take them when I need to and have had no side effects at all. They usually take about half an hour to get into your system.

Take care,

Polly

No side effects, I am on 40 mg a day. I also have 10mgs to carry with me if I have an attack, normanlly work in about 20-30 mins. Brilliant. Calm down racing heart, breathing and all other terrible things that all happen at once when you have these anxiety attacks. Most medics took them by the "handful" - well slight exageration- at finals time!

there's a place that I dream of when I sleep, so peaceful, so quite, I call it mother earth.

Hi Ian, i was on propranolol 40mg twice a day and found them to be a great help...they really took the edge of my anxiety and stopped the physical symptoms (ectopic beats, churning stomach etc.)

Coni X

Hi Ian I've been on propranolol 3 x 40mg a day for the last 5/6 years and have had no side effects at all even after taking various other meds at the same time. Hope this helps

Smile Re: i have been put on propranolol

Hi Brink. I Have Been On These For Nearly 2 Weeks Now, And Have Noticed A Difference. They Took About Aweek To Work, But Now Im Used To Them,they Take About Half An Hour To Kick In..

Re: i have been put on propranolol

Me too, highly recomended, a great help with calming the physical symtoms of anxiety

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information