Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i have been put on propranolol

Re: i have been put on propranolol

I'm 18 and had heart rate of around 80-120bmp resting for the last two weeks and anxiety attacks about my heart cutting out for the past two weeks.

Doctor gave me 2.5mg of propranolol to take once a day (sounds very small compared to other amounts people have mentioned.) Nows its about 58-70bmp.

Had a few feelings of anxiety earlier about my heart being to slow and had one or two feelings of minimal chest pain, but i suppose that is just me worrying to much!!!

Edit: ahhh okay just read my medicine again after thinking it was propanolol and researching it, and it is Bisoprolol (Fumarate) 2.5mg. I am really worried now as i can't find any info from people who have taken it :-s
    Last edited by Richthe4th; 26-05-07 at 03:49. Reason: Re-read my medicine!

Hi
    I have been on these tablets for 9 years. first i was given them for anxiety/stress headaches now as well as that they have upped the dose to 160 mg per day (2 x 80mg) for blood pressure.
    These tablets are good for many things and like a lot of others i have not suffered any side affects

hi brink
    i've been taking propranolol for about two years now. i take 80mg in the morning and another 80mg later on if i need it. it took about a week to notice the benefits. initial side effects were feeling a bit sick but apart from that nothing else.
    i find propranolol helps with the physical symptoms of anxiety but not the mental. anyway good luck, hope they work for you.
    ms.k

I find this interesting, I was given these tablets once and as soon as I took it i had a panic attck about my heart being too slow, think it was medication anxiety. must give them another try.

Have been put on propranolol to combat migraine, and have found them a great help in that instance. However I requested to be taken off my citalopram as I couldn't see the need for both - doc agreed. Now feel I want something for my anxiety as it has been getting increasingly worse, so they are not helping me in that regard

They have saved my life. I had body numbness, blurred sight and vertigo. Now i can walk again. Brilliant.

Does propranolol help with dizziness my doctor has just started me on these 10mg 3 times a day, i do suffer with anxiety, but i went down about feeling dizzy all the time and he gave me these should i take them or not, help someone please

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information