Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Day 4, Im just gonna start a diary

Re: Day 4, Im just gonna start a diary

bob, stress does have all kinds of effects on our bodies, particularly our immune system but docs do assume once you have that 'anxiety' label that every ailment is because you're anxious. That's one of the reasons I've been trying to go without meds because as soon as a doc sees you're on a antidepressent, they seem see your problems in a different light. I went to see a dermatologist with bad skin recently and as soon as she learnt that I suffer with my nerves she prescribed antihistamines to 'calm me down'. She hardly looked at my skin - I was really put out, anyway - as I said earlier - sleep, fruit and veg and taking care of yourself will help - oh and a dentist too.
    I've taken the plunge so to speak and taken my first dose of escitalopram - had a pretty big wobble for the past few hours but it's wearing off now, I'm on the road to recovery x

samhar: how is the esc working out for you? yeah ive ben trying to get a little healthier latly and attempting to sleep but still having issues with the getting and staying asleep thing. And yeah when they just assume that because your on AD's everything must be anxiety/stress related it gets very frustrating.

Day 50: alrighty, not overall a bad day today was actually fairly average... was supposed to have my monthly app with my psych but he was a way sick again, its been over a month since i've been... but was surprised with a phone call from his personal mobile today he wanted to check in and see how i was going. So i told him all about whats been going on and how ive been feeling and he reminded me to keep doing my deep breathing and my other mental exercises to keep me grounded and not off in my own little world... my partner had to go to the dentist today (slightly shitty ive been complaining about a pain in my mouth for a month and we keep putting it off and he complains for 3 days and somehow can afford to go to the dentist) although thats probably just me being selfish as it turns out he REALLY needed to go, he apparently has an infection from his wisdom teeth to halfway down one side of his jaw :(

But ahwell i figure ill approach the bank tomorow with a budget and see if i cant get a loan to go get my mouth fixed... on the bonus side we found an AWESOME fish and chip joint this afternoon to get dinner from

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

Samahar: also well done for taking the plunge let me know how it works out for you and how your feeling, you might be one of the lucky few that gets few to no sideeffects in the first few weeks *fingers crossed*

Thanks Bob, I'm doing OK - much easier start up than Prozac, Ven or Citalopram so far but very early days - I went to work and stayed for the whole shift - 11 hours, am shattered now but feeling more confident - just hoping I can hold on to this feeling in the morning.

Your p doc sounds good and caring - it really helps to know someones on your side and caring about how you're doing. One of my work colleagues was concerned about me when I told her how I've been feeling (I am quite open about the anxiety I suffer) and it made me feel a lot better, like I wasn't doing it alone.

Good luck sorting the finance out for your teeth - there's nothing worse than toothache - I get earache a lot but nothing compares to toothache

love Sam

Day 55 something : Not doing too bad lately i got close to 12 hrs seep last night!! and felt great all day today apart from getting tonsillitis again... urgh wish theyd fix it already. Feeling alot more chill the last few days i havn't been having panic attacks. And now i have a 10 day holiday!! going to see my family over xmas, my ma really wants to take me and my bf out to poker (i think she secretly wants to show him off to her friends lol!!)

Day 68: its been a while since i posted due to the hecticness of the holiday season. ive been pretty good the last few weeks havnt really had a freak out or anything just still mega tired.. gotten over the last bout of tonsillitis and finishin the antibiotics today... only thing i can really complain about is what feels like electric zaps in my chest ever now and then, freaks me a little coz it feel like my heart but im just ignoring them.... it was really good to see my family over xmas ive missed em alot. hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday season

That's great to hear Bob. I'VE GOT A SORE THROAT AT THE MO speak of the devil, 2 colds in the space of a month, tis not fair, ha ha! But I'm more or less ok too, a few blips here and there where i still get anxiety but I still need to go up to 10mg's of Cipralex. Glad you had a nice christmas with your family xxx

Im on around day 50 ish of 20mg Cipralex and following your thread x

Day 80ish: Alrighty so it has been a few weeks since i last posted online, it's been mega hectic at work and home and i just havn't had the time. I've been left in charge of running the shop since new years and its been driving me nuts, all of the other drycleaners in the district are closed and i have been doing ALL of thier work.. i have been blipping the last few weeks coz of all the added stress and little sleep... my partner has also made me limit my caffeine intake to 4 cups a day to see if that helps, i have been running off of caffeine for the last few weeks and hes concerned i will give myself a stroke.

But yeah... the derealisation and depersonalisation has been around most of the time for the past few weeks... im trying not to think depressing things and trying to keep positive but i just fee like im in a permenant worry/confusion state... hopefully this picks up when the bosses come back and work becomes easier and i get some more sleep... ive been working 12 hr days 6 days a week urgh!

I also had to stop seeing my psych, not because i wanted to but because i can no longer afford to go... debt has piled too high and i cant afford to go to my sessions and buy my meds aswell...

Anywho i'm hoping all of you guys are having a good day

hugs from down under

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information