Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 4, Im just gonna start a diary

Day 4, Im just gonna start a diary

Alrighty so Day 4 on 20mg Escitalopram and 50mg Topamax, i figure instead of clogging up the forum i'll just start a diary post on what's happening..

So yeah today was kinda weird yet again was mega spaced and tired again, felt like i was in a different dimension most of the day... i have noticed i kind of go up and down in the feelings thing like how spaced i am and how tired i am and how distant and disconnected and sad i feel... but theres alot more moments of reprieve at least between the dreamy states. Had one that lasted about an hour just before, grasped it and the boyfriend and i went out for coffee and some grocery shopping starting to head downhill again though so sitting down to play some games and distract myself..

My fingers and toes have been intermittenly going numb/pins and needly today and been having chest tightness, im assuming these will dissipate with time though and my eyeballs feel like theyre going either cross eyed or in different directions and falling out of my skull... but yeh... Day 4 overall not too bad..

Re: Day 4, Im just gonna start a diary

Day 4 update : Just went to bed and was doing some deep breathing exercises, unsure why but started to have a massive panic attack and my entire body felt like it was burning up especially my temples and top of my head... was convinced i was losing my mind and going insane for a little bit ... just breathing through it atm..

The body burning up sensation is something i have experienced also. Its the med doing it. Now that i am taking cipralex, i find that my body reacts to panic attacks completely differently then it used too. I find i go through what can only be described as a full body hot flash. It lasts about a minute or two and then i get little jolts of the same thing here and there until it stops completely. Fortunately, i haven't had one of these hot flashes in a week and a half. So, i am pretty sure its my body getting used to the med. I am male, and must admit to have never really experienced hot flashes before, so the first time it happened it scared the living poop out of me.

I am on day 23 of 5 mg daily.

Take Care,

Mike

Hi Silent Bob, I've been on this at 10 mg for a couple months now and all my side effects have passed. But I did get that burning feeling. For me it was in my hands, but it was quite scary. I felt very out of it and spacy the first two weeks but that passed too. Give it some time, you will get there.

oh good so its not just me im considering going back to my doctor soon and having a chat about it i feel like im losing my mind or something

---------- Post added at 10:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

Day 5: i dont wantto be at work today... all i want to do is sleep i feel like im not awake anyway, i cant concentrate on anything i ant remember things very well i feel like im losing my mind.. im in a different dimension this morning

Day 5 Update: alrighty so i went and had a chat to a pharmacist because i cant get in to my doc till monday, and was recommended to halve my dosage to see if thatll ease the symptoms and see what happens... hope it helps.

20mg is a high dose to start with Bob, the lower dose should be a lot easier on you. I've been given Escitalopram to start when my Prozac had worn off - in a few days but only starting at 5mg so am following this thread with interest - keep it up. You sound like you're doing well, even with the side effects, well done for going out when feeling up to it and distracting yourself rather than getting drawn into contemplating your symptoms. I hope today is alot better for you
    Sam x

cheers sam all ive wanted to do is sleep but not matter how im feelin or how much im feelin my lifes a dream theres still people that depend on me to do a job... so i suck it up ( as much as i can) and smile on the outside as much as im crying on the inside, go to work and vent here

Yes, that is so hard. I had insomnia the first week on it and the exhaustion the second week. But had to go to work like normal. It was rough but you will get through it. 20 mg is a high dose to start on.

Same here. Felt like a zombie at work for 2 weeks. It gets better.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information