Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 4, Im just gonna start a diary

Re: Day 4, Im just gonna start a diary

I found day 10 to day 20 was up and down also. Things that never normally bothered me started driving me crazy. I was paranoid about silly things. It gets better, just ride it out. I think the key to cipralex is to get to 4 weeks, then the side effects really start to mellow. You are on the right track now with dosage in my opinion, just hang in there.

Mike

Yes, I agree you are on the right track. Did your doctor give you anything like diazepam or similar to help in the beginning? You may have posted that somewhere ... I was given 2 mg diazepam which helped me with the ups and downs until I evened out. Unfortunately you just gotta roll with it until things get easier but they will!

Day 15: Hey guys sorry slow on posting again and thanks for the replies its comforting to know that there are others who can let me know what the go is... but yeah today so far isnt too bad even though ive only been awake 2 hours im trying to keep a positive mood today... been so all over the place but feeling like im getting my emotions under control. i think alot of it is that for the past few years i have been smoking alot of marijuana and drinking at a semi-professional level and this not feeling alot of emotions.. and over the last few months since quitting i have been so derealized that i have felt emotionally numb... and now im feeling all these emotions i havnt felt in years and theyre taking me a while to adjust... and in doing so i am lashing out without realising and shitting those around me... urgh hopefully though i can feel myself stabilizing a fair bit and feel i have a better control over them.. i have a psych app this afternoon and i can vent there for a while.. *******s been away for a month while ive been starting on these meds grrr... and while im on the trying to keep positive mood, love to everyone and i really do hope everyone has a great day today.. i know that even just a minute of hapiness can turn your day around so have a hug from me, go have a cup of coffee somewhere nice and chill for a bit

---------- Post added at 08:01 ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 ----------

oh yeh and Swgrl, nah doc didnt give me anything else... ive been putting of going to the docs for the past 10years so i have alot of stuff i gotta deal with in succession.. and he says the less drugs now the better

Day 16: fairly decent morning so far. All of the side effects of the meds habe worn off and i can feel myself beginning to stabilise. i went to my psychiatrist yesterday and i almost feel like instead of going for a psych session im going for a good vent... which feels good.. he taught me a new way to deal with my mood and emotions, which is what i need to work on so that instead of them spiking all over the place they level out a bit.. i need to learn to rationalise and chill a bit more... on a down side dammit i woke up with tonsillitis again, this is the 3rd time ive had it in 4 months grrrr!!! on the bonus side hopefully now theyll take me seriously and cut em out.

Sounds good bob, apart from the tonsillitis bit that isn't to good.
    Keep posting, I'm yet to start the escitalopram but your blog gives me idea of what to expect
    Sam x

sam: i would strongly urge asking your doc if you can slowly start out on a low dose and increase gradually to reduce side effects, thats what got me down the most and made me so upset. But like everyone here told me stick with it it is totally worth it, i feel 100 times better now than i did 3 weeks ago. The meds dont so much make things better they just take the edge off and make it easier to deal with and make life seem alot more bearable and enjoyable. As it turns out i was on too strong a dose of both my meds that is why i felt so weird and like i was in a different dimension, i have also been urged by friends and family members to find a new doctor as me and this one arent meshing too well. But keep in mind that meds arent a permanent thing for some people. i only plan to be on escitalopram long enough to get my s*** sorted, coast for a few months and then wean myself off... so all up about 6 months. alot of getting better is the sheer want and need and desire to change attitude and mentality to improve your lifestyle. i hope ive helped a bit have a wondeful day luv

Cheers Bob,
    I've got the Escitalopram in the liquid form - there's 5mg in 1ml and I have a 1 ml syringe so I could start with a really low dose. I like the sound of something to take the edge off that's all I want really
    Thanks again
    Sam (I'm off to bed soon but will try to have a wonderful day tomorrow )

Sounds like a plan i was immediatly put on 20mg tablets having never taken SSRI's before, so 1mg sounds like an awesome idea. Hope you get a good sleep, sleep is one of the major keys in freling better, refreshed body = refreshed mind

Day 18: Things are getting alot better, im finding i can control myself alot easier and im not freaking out as much or anything like that... feeling relatively normal.. only thing i can really complain about is still getting really bad sleep but in the process of getting that fixed and that will also help sole alot of how i feel aswell

Day 20: Had a bit of a strange night last night. My partner and i went out partying and he had lots of LSD and MDMA and i'm fairly sure i picked a fair hit off of it off of his saliva when i was kissing him... got very confused and disorientated towards the end of the night when we decided to go home but all in all it wasn't too bad... didn't freak out like i normally would by picking up an accidental trip... i don't blame him though neither of us knew that once it was ingested into his body that it could be re-transferred via body fluids.... but anywho nice lazy day at home today no major freakout just mega tired from partying last night lol, which i would not have done a few months ago i can actually go out and enjoy myself

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information