Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 4, Im just gonna start a diary

Re: Day 4, Im just gonna start a diary

It's certainly good to hear you have managed to get our partying after only 20 days on escitalopram, good for you (: I've just upped my dose to 5mg's from 2.5mg as I found normal Citalopram horrendous to start up, this hasn't been too bad at all so far, a few real bad headaches and some low mood (when my mood was fine prior to starting up cipralex but I remember Cit making me feel this way at first so all in all, not too terrible!) You sound to be doing ever so well so quickly (:

Thanks Karen yeh i kinda force myself to go out n do stuff coz i know the road to recovery involves me pushing my own limits an boundaries and then proving to myself that im fine afterwards .. the first few weeks were kinda sucky coz i was all over the place but i was advised by my psych that thats what i have to work on, i have to work on my mood swings and my behaviour... instead of rocketing all over the place like a spastic i have to learn to deal and sort of level out a little bit and calm down... my biggest downfall because naturally (without the depression) im such an eccentric all over the shop person lol. put it this way people used to come up to me in the street asking for party drugs because it looked like i was gurning all the time but i was always just happy

I totlaly agree, you have to just push yourself, I've not wanted to even get up the last few morning since increased my dosage but I have no choice for a start as I'm officially a single parent these days (I'm ill because my marriage broke up) Getting up and moving is the best medicine though and I always feel so much better for it despite only being on Cipralex for 9 or 10 days so I'm pretty much going through the side effects at the mo but already feel much calmer, just a little flat I guess and my head is killing me so I'm taking paracetamols which help and am usually fine by late afternoon, infact perfectly normal. My sleep isn't great either but it's been miles worse over the past 7 months when i wa son Mirtazapine. I got to the stage where I'd be awake at 1am and relied on sleeping pills, where as I'm managing to sleep till about 4 now.

karen: i know exactly how ya feel with the sleep thing ove had really babsleep myself the past 3-4years... and s*** sleep makes you inevitably feel worse.. what i usually do is try n put myself to bed at roughly the same time each night even if im wide awake and just chuck a tv show (usually star trek coz im a major nerd) on the dvd player and just let it run... but i try not to focus too much on it n sooner or later i tend to nod off without realising it

I find I get off to sleep really easily but just wake up really early. Whilst I was on Mirtazapine my sleep got so bad I was awake by midnight alot of the time and relied havily on sleeping pills. I've been sleeping so much beter on Escitalopram until last night when I was awake at 12.30 but know when I was on normal cit this soon went ok. xxx

Day 24: had a few blips over the last few days... minute ones but i think most of that is due to lack of sleep/ eating habits and over activity... also i just discovered don't try and take escitalopram with soda... it fizzes immediately in your throat and leaves you with a weird taste lol, i know its far too early for soda (7:15am here and on a tram on my way to work) but i was lazy and there was a bottle sitting there... sleeps getting progressively worse still i was awake alot last night so i doubt if i hit REM much... having alot of bizzare dreams early morning lately though... i seem to wake up bout 3-5 am then have some bizarre dreams then up for work at 6am... i dont remember dreaming so much in my life.

I had the dreaming for a couple of months, and I mean really nasty dreams but they do pass I promise xxx

I'm dreaming too but can never rememeber what about, ha ha, but obviously nothing horrible! I slept a bit better than the night before last night (3-30am) but felt so flat and aggitated. How long does it roughly take for you sleep to go back to normal Laura? Still it's only 9.40am and I already feel much better, a bit of an headache and still a little flat but better than I have felt in weeks this time of day (:

Ive found that my dreams have changed since taking Cipralex. Instead of dreaming about big bouncing hooters like i normally do.. i was dreaming about falling off a cliff or a bridge or something. You know that weird feeling you get when you are dreaming and you are falling? I was getting that a lot. I find i wake up here and there in the middle of the night too, but i go back to sleep immediately after. Its almost like i wake up just to look at the clock to see what time it is. I still sleep pretty well, but maybe not as restful as before i started taking Cipralex. It is improving though. I havent had a "falling" dream in awhile, but I do look forward to my next hooters dream though! I miss them!

Mike

hA HA HAHAHA!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information