Thread: thoughts...

thoughts...

hi wondering if anyone else shares my feelings, i seem to have got my panic attacks under control now, by recognising when the panicky feelings first wash over me, i can try to control myself...however i cant seem to shift my constant anxious thoughts, whether its worrying about if im going to faint, or if todays the day i ll drop down with a heart attack...from the moment i wake to going to bed these thoughts are with me at the front or back of my mind, depending on what im doing...

sorry hadnt finished that topic.................
    just to finish, does anyone else feel that on the days their symptoms are not there or just niggly feelings, that they feel slightly or even normal?But the days when symptoms are really bad and constant i feel depressed and rubbish.....so to sum it up, if we didnt have the symptoms we wouldnt feel anxious, but in turn if we wasnt anxious then we wouldnt have the symptoms.........do you get me or am i waffling...why can i control the panic attacks, but not the anxiety????
    thanx everyone

me too and they seem to be getting worse

it is the thoughts and not the symptoms that are tearing me apart

take care

jackie

youve got it in one. i just read your last bit. the days my symptoms are lessened i can try to fight the fears and i see an end to this . but when they are back i cannot seem to fight the fear and give in to it. its a vicious circle

jackie

you have hit the nail on the head - its your THOUGHTS that control your anxiety symptoms.

I dont get panic attacks as such anymore but there is not a day goes by that i am not symptom free and why - my thoughts - that is where CBT comes into effect.

If you think about it - thoughts cannot harm us but they cause so many bodily sensations just by a memory or a negative belief - but they can be challenged and in time it gets easier.

the fact that you have acknowledged this, is making you one step closer to coping with anxiety.

........life is for living not just for surviving

I find the sub concious a dark and hidden territory that has something to do with it. Even though the front of my mind is order, there is that flash of adrenalin and I'm back at square one.

Tulip

Totally agree with everything you have all said. I have been reading up on Positive and Negative thoughts this week. It is when I try to plan something the horrible thoughts creep in. Can I, can't I. I am much better if I do something on spare of the moment.

Jenny xxx

I do agree.

I have had times in theme parks in the States. when I have a minute of feeling normal but then the but ifs creep in. That is when I sink so fast.

I need to know what I am going to do tomorrow otherwise it sends me into a PA immediately. Havin said that another theme park sends me straight into acute anxiety attack immediately. I make lists (some do not necessary need to be done and my husband tells me!).

FranXX

Thread Information