Thread: My Citapopram Withdrawal

Unhappy My Citapopram Withdrawal

So I went off Citalopram more than a week ago and I've been feeling awful.

I went from 10mg, to 20, to 30, to 40, to 30, to 20, to 10 in the space of two years, I don't really remember how long I was on each dose but I was on 40 for around a month and it just made things worse so I've happily been on 30 for most of the duration, I was on 20 for a couple when I was getting ready to stop, then 10 for a month. (I was put on it for moderate depression and anxiety)

I know it's normal to get withdrawals but I just need to vent and get some advice as I'm miserable. I'm so irritated it's ridiculous and I've had crying fits once or twice this week that wont stop. All week I've felt no comfort whatsoever. I should also note I had OCD so I'm a naturally irritated person, so things that shouldnt make me uncomfortable make me feel awful. I'm getting new ones in a week but I have wonky glasses that are irritating the hell out of me (I obsessively fiddle with them) so every second I am on edge and I keep taking them off in discomfort which really doesn't help in terms of the college work I need to do.

Anyway, I haven't been getting many withdrawal symptoms other than the horrible mood swings, increased irritation/anger, anxiety, and a general spacey-ness. So it could be worse as I hear people get bad headaches and such but I still feel like crap.

Can anyone tell me how long this will last? I know it'll be different for everybody but for all I know it could last another couple of days, or months. I want to work past this and pray it's just the withdrawal as I don't want to be on meds my whole life.

In the meantime what do you recommend I do?

Thank you <3

EDIT: I forgot to say, I was advised to come off the meds as I was feeling much better than I used to.
    Last edited by StephieMay; 03-11-12 at 14:26.

Thread Information