Thread: Pregabalin (Lyrica)

Pregabalin (Lyrica)

Hi, after struggling with the side effects of Fluoxetine (for the 4th time) for anxiety my dr has prescribed me Pregabalin 75mg twice a day. Has anyone else used this drug for their anxiety? They think I suffer with Health related anxiety (which is probably very true) and have also been referred for CBT which I am starting next week. I started the Pregabalin on Friday night and boy did I sleep well (this was the opposite on Fluoxetine... wide awake at ridiculous times and very agitated)...felt a bit spaced out in the day but nothing that I couldn't deal with. My question is do they work as well as the SSRI's...how long will I need to be on them for..any other stories would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Pregabalin (Lyrica)

I have been on lyrics for about 3 weeks now and I have found they have helped my anxiety, not getting any side effects but as you said initially I felt a bit spaced out. Good luck with them

Re: Pregabalin (Lyrica)

Hi been on pregabalin now for nearly a year and I have found ot to be a wonder drug at one stage I was doing everything I used to do.
    But at the moment it needs to be changed a little for me maybe a dosage change but I was upto 450mg aday but now down to 375mg but like I said it worked wonders for me.

Good luck on your journey with pregabalin and hopefully it will be a smoth one

Thread Information