Thread: citalopram help im new?

Exclamation citalopram help im new?

hiya im new here just got brave enough to register! basically i have been on 10mg citalopram for a month now for panic attacks and aniexty and depression things seemed to be improving abit but the doctor suggested i go up to 20mg as i was still abit panicky so 5 days ago i went up to 20mg and it seems to have got worse ! scary thoughts and feel alot more down is this usual when upping a dosage any thoughts would be sooo helpful

Re: citalopram help im new?

Hi there
    It seems that everybody has a few problems when increasing the dose of meds, I know I did but after about a week things did get better. I was on Citalopram for many years and it really did help me big time, sadly I started getting panic attacks again this year and as I was on the max dose I had to change meds so am now in the early stages of Sertraline...it has helped but for the first week or so my anxiety did get worse so I think things will settle down for you too

Thanks for replying ! It feels so disheartning as I was making prgress and feeling a lot brighter although my panic attacks are still a lot less and less anxious so I suppose its still some progress hopefully next week is better

An increase at first may increase your anxiety for a couple of days, it will ease away very shortly. I take cit too and when increased I was edgy for a couple of days then so much better.

Hey lashes, I got worse between 10 and 20 for the first 5 days or so but settled down soon enough. I then went between 20 and 30 about ten days ago but didn't have any bad effects there which was good.

Try and ride it out if you can, and hopefully you'll really start to see the benefits in the coming weeks

Thanks for all the advice im definitley going to carry on with them as i can see some improvements just gotta get past these side effects!

Thread Information