Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you worry about palpitations?

Re: Do you worry about palpitations?

Wow what a great Post, seriously i been feeling like this alot of the day.Reading this though has really calmed me down, and you worded everything so well, thankyou.

Absolutely fantastic post, I can't thank you enough.

thank you soulvalin, this is such a reassuring message

Hi - know its been a while but I thought I'd bump this as I've found it incredibly reassuring to read and wanted to say thanks.

I've had palpitations for years now, maybe 5 or 6. It all seemed to come from a period of massive anxiety in my life and I've never shaken them off. It can happen any time, sometimes when just sitting seemingly happy and relaxed, I'll feel a twinge at the bottom of my throat and a bump in my chest and it'll knock me for six. It seems to happen mostly when walking in the cold, bending over, getting into a cold bed, the kind of things that dozens of people in this thread have already described. Occasionally I'll get a run of a few of them and will suddenly feel totally panicked and not able to catch my breath, those are the worst by far.

I know my problem - I worry, stress, obsess about them. Are they getting more regular? Am I getting more 'big' ones? Are they happening every day? Have I had a day clear from them recently? I'll park my car on the street and do the two minute walk into work and all along I'll be thinking about it, waiting for it to happen. It's horrible, it was at risk of completely taking over me. The reason I looked on this thread today was because I just had one sitting on the computer and panicked. Think I've had 3 or 4 today. At one point I even started trotting them up in my diary to see if there was any pattern.

It's ridiculous, isn't it? I've been told not to worry. If only it was that easy!

Absolutely fantastic post!

I have had palpitations on and off for about 5 years now; I thought I had got a handle on them then bang! Out of the blue I got totally knocked for six by one today. Waiting for a tube train at the time of all the places!

Really scared me, my heart was pounding so much I felt sure I was going to pass out on the tube! Obviously I didn't as I'm here posting, but just goes to show - when you suffer from them they never truly go away.

Just fade into the background!

If you are getting a few a day, you need to bear in mind that the heart beats 100,000 times a day and even a few hundred PVCs/PACs would most likely be considered as a variation of normal and not worthy of treatment.

Hi guys,

I am fairly new. 3 years ago due to a traumatic experience (father dying of myocardial infarction I was faced with, suddenly I started worrying about my heart. Felt all the pains and needles in my chest etc. Felt skipped beats , pauses etc.. And it was almost a year long drama with health anxiety, went to the doctors bunch of times... Never before my father's death did I feel such things...

3 years ago I also had several ECGs done, had Echocardiography (Ultrasound) done, Stress test (on a bike) etc. All was fine, healthy heart and all and I kind pushed the fear back.

Lately, due to my stress at work, I am starting to have skipped beats again and it triggered my cardiophobia back up. Sometimes I feel them in my throat, like a tension then blup blup and so on. No pain thankfully.

Evernow and then, three times so far in 3 years I had a weird flutter or flop that I felt and at the same time experienced like a flush going through my body, some pins like feeling in both arms like feeling weak or hot or something - all of which last for 1 - 2 seconds and then all normal back. Now I'm not sure is this like a reaction of my body to the skipped beat or flutter as an instant anxiety/panic attack that only lasts so little time. Or is it physical as in something I should check out? What do you think?

So since it's been 3 years from my examinations and the OK from Cardiologists, now of course I am back to thinking wait what if something happened in between 3 years...

So what do you guys think, anyone experiencing the same stuff sometimes?

Thanks loads for this post - I'm bookmarking it

Thanks a lot for this post

You probably won't read this anymore, but you just helped me a lot. Thank you for this post!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information