Thread: Propanadol or diaz

Propanadol or diaz

Which works best for you?

Re: Propanadol or diaz

Diazepam...but everyone is different

I would try to avoid diazepam if possible as its highly addictive and you gain a tollerance to it aswell.

Thanks , been on Diaz for 3 weeks now doc saying to go onto propanadol, missing the Diaz, should I carry on with the propanadol then and get away from the Diaz?

im really badly addicted to diazepam so if you can get away with not taking it then i would avoid it

I have used both, I take Diazepam 2mg only when climbing the walls - I've taken about 40 tablets in 12 months and can go months without taking any. I've never used them for more than 4 days in a row due to their addictive nature. They usually work really well for me, especially at night - I take 4mg if I'm having a really bad time and usually wake less anxious.
    I took 40mg Propanolol 3 times a day from March to September - reducing to 2 and then 1 a day, initially they were great and really helped with the physical symptoms of palpitations, hot flashes and headaches but they stopped being so effective, I tried increasing the dose again but with no improvement.
    In answer to your question I would suggest you start taking the Propanolol regularly for a few days - it took a few days of regular dosing to help me and reduce the Diazepam slowly. Propanolol can cause problems with sleep, I used to take my 3rd dose at around 6pm and then took Diazepam at night as I felt so much better after a good sleep.
    Hope this helps
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by kt79 View Post
    I would try to avoid diazepam if possible as its highly addictive and you gain a tollerance to it aswell.
    Absolutely correct. The same goes for lorazepam or any of the benzodiazepines. The official line is they should only be used for short term treatment. There is a growing trend because of the problems and abuse of these drugs for Doctors to refuse to prescribe them. The only exception being if it has been prescribed by a consultant and again they would have advised against anything but very short term use.

Gordon

IF EVERYTHING ELSE FAILS SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!

Thread Information