Hi, I have anxiety and depression, and a severe fear of colds/chest infections etc as I have had pneumonia twice. I am told this is called mysophobia/verminophobia (?)

I was referred to a counsellor and as usual was unable to sit amongst people in the waiting room and had to put a scarf round my mouth to walk to her room when she called me in.

I filled in all the usual forms about depression and anxiety and explained how this fear is making my life or work impossible to cope with. She referred me straight on for C.B.T, saying I was in need of other help and not counselling. I feel I need both. I have many other issues (if you have time they are in my previous post saying I am back again). I would like to call this lady and request seeing her also, and ask her how long I will have to wait for the C.B.T. I feel I really need help now. This is in the UK by the way.

As a carer to my son who is ADHD/Mood disorder, I have been afraid to contact services for help for myself, as I fear people may think me not capable of looking after him.

I would be grateful for any advice.