Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Prayers for dad

Re: Prayers for dad

I am so sorry about this. His anger is not directed at you although it is so hard to see him that way ... he is going through his own grieving stages as well.

When my mom had her cancer, it was at this time of year as well. I remember we had to be so firm with her to eat and drink water and she hated it and would get very angry with us. She also was in a lot of pain, and I remember feeling quite powerless because we could not help no matter what we did. It is so hard and I am so sorry you are going through this stressful and awful time.

Was thinking about you hope your ok xx

Hi guys, thought I would post an update on dad, his mcmillan nurse put a driver into his stomach 2 days ago to administer an anti spasm drug for his esophagus, so far it has helped so much thank god, he is able to sleep for about 5 hours instead of 1 so that's brilliant. Dad started his chemo last Thursday, he is actually doing well on it, the only side effect so far is feeling very tired, they said hair loss would happen about 3 weeks in. I think dad is coping a bit better now with the horrible reality, we are having more "normal" conversations which is lovely, but in my mind cancer is there, hiding behind every word, every cuddle, every smile, it's a horrible evil disease, it steals people from you. Dad has decided to buy himself a triumph tr4 as a Xmas present, his voice lights up every time he speaks about it which is so lovely, he deserves something to look forward to. Thanks again everyone for your lovely messages, they mean so much xxxx

Hi Laura,

I hope the medication helps your Dad to continue to make good progress, a friend of mine had cancer of the lymph glands and two years ago he was going through some tough chemo, today at times I even forget what he has been through, he looks as well as he did before he got the cancer which was quite advanced when they found it and this year him and his wife have been having a good time holidaying in their camper van, I hope your Dad gets to get the TR4 and has many more years enjoying it. xx

Thank you xx

Hi.Laura. Our prayers and thoughts are with you. Can I suggest something since you talk about prayer. There is an organisation, a charity, that offers prayers for people in trouble. They have chapels in which they pray and you pray at home at the same time. They do not charge but accept donations. You are not asked for anything. They are religious but not pushy. You do not necessarilly have to be a 'believer'. They do help people in need and are not intrusive. They are
    "The Seekers Trust" Their phone number is 01732 843589. You will find them understanding and helpful.
    Bless you; our prayers and love go with you. joe.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread Information