Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citalopram !!! help needed

Citalopram !!! help needed

Hi i am paul i am 41 and from england and basically getting more ****ed everyday, i have been on the citalopram for bout 4 months now at 20mg and i went to the dr as i have been feeling lower than low, he has recommended that i go up another 10mg to 30mg,which i have but still crap, does anyone take 40mg a day ??? i am new to all this so i dont have a clue and i thought talking to strangers may help as i do keep all my feeling to my self

Hi stev1971

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Citalopram !!! help needed

IF EVERYTHING ELSE FAILS SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!

hi mate..im on 30mg been on them 12months.. you still feelin crap on 30mg? wot did ya gp say about going up to 40mg? i no ya can take upto 60mg a day so ya have got a way to go for the full dose..give them time they really helping me..chin up mate..try to relax

Welcome to the forums! How long have you been on 30mg for? It may be that the increase hasn't fully kicked in yet.

Milo - the maximum recommended dose is now 40mg.

thats a major issue, relax, i cant i am always on edge and i get angry at the drop of a hat, i lost it today with a traffic warden just for walking towards my car while i was getting my son from school, i havent asked my dr about 40 mg i just decided to take 2 lots as the 30mg were doing nowt,i wasnt like this a year ago so thats why now i am so uptight and angry, my missus is sound with me and i have no reason to be angry as i have a lovely son who i worship and a missus that i love to bits, i seriously am beginning to think that the late 80's and 90's recreation drugs are having there long term effect on me now

If you want to go up to 40mg it's best to speak to your doctor. As I said in my last post, it may be that the increase to 30mg hasn't kicked in yet - it can take several weeks to reach the full effect.

Hi there
    I used to take Citalopram at 40mg, for a number of years in fact and found them really good, so much so that I didnt think about anxiety or panic attacks sadly the anxiety returned this year and as 40mg is actually now the max dose in the UK for Cit I have now started a different med. I think with all meds it does take a fair while to find the right dose and for the full effects to be had which is not good news for us poor souls. Hang in there you will get there

Stev1971 You'll receive a lot of support on here

I take 40mg Citalopram a day, have taken them for about 6 years now, and never had any problems with it.

I went through many to find one that actually had any effect and started on 20mg originally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information