Thread: citalopram

citalopram

hiya ive been on 20mg of citalopram for the last week but would like to do somethings to help myself alongside the tablets ive heard about cbt?is this helpful with them ?sorry dont know much about all this any advice would be great

Re: citalopram

Yep I paid for it and worth every penny. I'm not cured but when having a bad day I use the techniques taught which comes naturally to me now and along with the meds helps md out of it quicker. You can ask for it on nhs but usually a wait x

Yes CBT is very good for anxiety. I went on a 6 week CBT Stress Control course and I found it very helpful. CBT is free if you go via the NHS, although you may have to wait especially if you want one to one help. My course was in a big group so I only had to wait a week. There are also free online CBT courses, let me know if you want information about those.

Thanks! I think I'l ask my doctor about it at my next appointment. There seems so many differnt things you can do to help anxiety I'm abit overwhelmed and confused of what to try! yeh some info on the online ones wud be great thanku x

Yes there's a lot of different things you can do, but most people try CBT and it seems to be a popular option.

Regarding the online help, there are CBT workbooks from Centre for Clinical Interventions. If you click on this link and scroll down about two thirds of the way until you get to the heading "Psychology resources made by other people" you'll find lots of self-help programmes for various conditions including general anxiety, depression, health anxiety, panic disorder and so on. I'm currently working on the general anxiety self-help programme and I'm finding it really helpful.

There's also one called CBT4Panic which a lot of people on this forum are doing. It's a free 30 day trial but I haven't used it myself. It seems to get good feedback though. If you try searching for it on the forum, you should find the details about it and other people's opinions of it.

Thread Information