Thread: Help Please..Feel so lost and worried

Help Please..Feel so lost and worried

wondering if this is part of dp..or anxiety :\ Over thinking constantly,mind just won't shut up, wondering if you are real,feeling like you don't know who you are, worriying that you are going to suddenly lose your mind and just go all out mental and having no control over your actions? :\ Its odd. I have just gotten into a new relationship and spent the weekend at my boyfriends place, he shares a place with three other people and most of the time I was just worrying,and feeling like things/they weren't real and just, uggh! Mind on overdrive, worrying that I was going to go mental or pass out, or somehow disappear :\ I dunno it's odd to explain but its horrid. Sometimes Id look at them and think hmm are they real? am I real? what if I suddenly lose my mind, lose control of myself and go mental? . I am meant to be going to stay again on the weekend and I am terrified. I think maybe because its change, new relationship, new place to go, new people..its freaking me out a bit as I am not one for change,it always panics me. I don't know. I get so overwhelmed with worry/anxiety/panic and I get the feeling that I need to escape or something, find someplace safe. But there is nowhere safe as its all in my head, and follows me everywhere. Its hard to explain how I feel but I do feel I am going insane, and that I dont know who I am

Re: Help Please..Feel so lost and worried

First welcome rapidhopeloss ...Sorry to hear you are so distressed and down...From what you are describing it sounds very much like typicle symptoms of anxiety...not feeling real or people around you feeling odd unreal,even your souroundings can feel unreal,iys the worse feeling ever,i know first hand ...You need to go and see your doctor and explain all this to him or her and they will start you on some medication....What started this off for you ? there is often something big or a shock or trumatic event that can bring on anxiety...

Re: Help Please..Feel so lost and worried

I totally relate to what you're saying. I have a similar broken record that plays in my head when anxiety is at it's worst. I think it's to do with the 'certainty' thing that most people with anx crave. If I have a troublesome thought, I quickly say to myself, yes but I know I could never do that. The demons then start about how do you know? what if you're dillusional? How do you know all of this is real? etc. Questions that cannot be logically explained away.

I've just read a great book called The Happiness Trap by Russ Harris. well worth a read.

Thread Information