Thread: Endless Cycle

Endless Cycle

Been feeling ok for a while but have noticed the all too familiar thoughts and physical symtoms of anxiety starting to creep into my day to day life. I was 40 this year and I have had these anxiety ups and downs since I was about 16. I am worn out by it!

Todays horrible sign was the twitching in my eye lid, it always comes on as the anxiety builds up. But soon I will be considering if I have a horrible disease or not - makes me laugh at the moment because I can think logically about it but I know this thought will arrive soon!!!

When I am in a good spell anxiety never leaves me but I feel like I am in control not it. When I am in a good spell I always feel like I have got it beat and will always be able to control it but then it starts building up and takes control and I feel defenceless to stop it!

HOW CAN I EVER BEAT THIS ENDLESS CYCLE??????????????

Re: Endless Cycle

Im not sure we can beat it altogether, do you think we learn to live with it and we are sometimes able to control it ,its like you said even on a good day its always there xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree, I do not believe it will ever leave us it is part of our personalities. But it would be good to think it would stay in the low level controlable phase. This always seems achievable when I am in control. What is it that moves it on to the out of control phase. I do not understand!!!!

anxiety becomes higher when we are constantly worrying about things ,or have lots of different pressures such work etc ,there are lots of reasons .I think its also the way we think ,but yeh if it could stay at a level we could control would be great xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thread Information