Thread: Time to change?

Time to change?

Ok it's been 7 weeks today that once again I stated full dose of 20 mg of floux, before this I was weaning myself off taking one 3 times a week, been mostly on them for around 8 years with great results. This time nothing happening like before, still anxious in the morning, dry retching . Do you think it's time to change meds, do you think I've become immune? Sometimes I feel a bit better but I think that is because side effects wear off and it leads us to think there working, in my case this time they are clearly not. Have docs this afternoon but she just tends to agree with what I want to do, wish she would be more assertive. Xx any advice please? Xx

Re: Time to change?

This seems to be a common problem with SSRI's. A lot of people who take them for the second time around have worse side effects than they did initially. I tried Citalopram again and I will not go in to detail, but it was a non starter. It is as though the brain has a defence mechanism built up from previous exposure. I would suggest to your doctor that you try a different type of medication. I went on to Mirtazapine.

BobbyDog

Re: Time to change?

Dear Scooby - your post could of been written by me! I too have been on Prozac taking 3 a week for nearly 9 years. I won't go into detail here but read my post http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=123887
    My docs exactly the same and asks me what do I want to do, continue with the meds, stop or try something different - how do I know??
    Let us know how you got on to
    Love and hugs
    Sam

Thread Information