Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When to take escitalopram?

When to take escitalopram?

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a better time of day to take escitalopram to avoid side effects?

I've been taking 5mg (this is day 4) in the morning but by this time of night (9pm) I'm feeling weird. Yawning, headaches, teeth clenching.

Just wondered if anyone has feelings about this?

Re: When to take escitalopram?

I take my 5 mg in the mornings. Which is what my doctor suggested.

Mike

I initially started in the morning as it made me tired and calmer during the day but now i take it at night so i sleep better i am 12.5mg now. |would say stick with the same time now for a while but speak to your doctor if you are worried xxx

I'm taking it at night but can't sleep at all or I sleep but wake up as early as 1am every night and then just lay awake feeling totally aggitated.

I've just switched from taking at night to mornings and I'm sleeping much better. My sleep has been more restful and I don't feel as tired upon waking.

karenp: Maybe you should try what Serenitie is suggesting and take them in the morning, thats what i am doing and i am having no issues falling asleep at night. Just a thought.

Mike

Do you get side effects during the day though at all?????? I always took normal Citalopram at morning and had bad anxiety but realise this is a newer version. It's my low mood more than anthing whch is bothering me though I did sleep till 4am last night which is beter than most other nights this week. Might try swapping and just see (:

karenp: It is my opinion that you are within the toughest period adjusting to these meds. I went through the same thing. Day 30 was when i noticed the big change. The fact that you are still having good periods of time within your day tells me the drug is starting to work. It's regulating itself, but that still could take some time. Most doctors say its 4 - 6 weeks before the med is completely regulated in your system. Each day should get a little better until boom one day you really notice the difference. Today is day 42 for me, that's exactly 6 weeks. You won't hit that point until around Christmas Day, secondly you changed your dosage a week into it. I really think you are on the right track. I know its tough because its hard not to constantly wonder if the med is working or not. You go through a down period and you wonder why, or how come I'm feeling this way. I did the same thing, I even worried how hard it might be if the drug didnt work weening off it. This was my first time on any AD, so there was a lot of fear that went with it. If i was a betting man, I'd say by Christmas you will feel a whole lot better.

Thinking about you.

Mike

I'm really hoping so Mike, still feeling pretty flat today but not too bad I suppose, no anxiety just now so that is always a good thing and lookign forward to 4pmish when I will probs start feeling really normal and great, thanks so much for your ongoing support.

Mike
    I have been feeling much less anxious and more like my old self still with the odd bit of dizziness but nothing major. Until tonight. I was sitting
    Watching tv and the back of my neck really started to ache then my head started to ache and then I suddenly felt weird, it's hard to explain but it was as though a judder went through my head. I felt as though I was going to faint. It went but now I'm so anxious it will happen again and that it must be something really bad, my anxiety is a brain tumour. I'm on day 18 of 5mg of escitalopram. Could this feeling be because the meds are still kicking in?

Thanks mrsg x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information