Thread: Looking for some simple advice on medicine.

Cool Looking for some simple advice on medicine.

Hello. This question is about medication. I wish to achieve some of the effects from 2 different medications I have been taking. Without the downsides preferably. I have the 2 following medications:

Bupropion - 100 MG PILLS 2 A DAY - I was taking this for smoking cessation. And it was a success! Additionally, I was experiencing a more active and happier lifestyle. At the expense of what seemed to be mental processing capabilities. I could not think as fast. I could not take advantage of my peripheral vision. And I certainly could not multitask well enough to complete most daily errands and duties.

Sertraline - 150 MG PILLS 1 A DAY - This was for post traumatic stress disorder and anxiety. My doctor prescribed it instead of lorazepam due to government healthcare restrictions. The medication achieved its maximum potential and im living with much less stress and next to nil anxiety.

However, since the bupropion was a success and had its undesirable side effects, I am no longer taking it daily. And therefore missing the happier active lifestyle I was experiencing with bupropion.

My question is, what medication can I add too the sertraline to give me the happier active lifestyle I experienced with bupropion, without the "fogginess" feeling it gave me? Or ultimately what single medication is designed to give me those results?

I will be discussing the answer with my doctor during my next appointment. In hopes that I can find exactly what I need to combat my illness.

On a side note. When I was 6, I first hand witnessed my fathers murder. That doesn't begin to tell the full story, or what else has followed in its wake.

Re: Looking for some simple advice on medicine.

This is a difficult one to answer as different people react to different meds. What works for one person does not always work for another. I would suggest you discuss this with your doctor. Have you had any counseling as I am sure with what has happened in your life this would be helpful to you. Cognitive behaviour therapy may work for you so you may like to discuss this with your doctor.

Re: Looking for some simple advice on medicine.

Yes I've completed multiple therapy regiments, and with multiple doctors. Thankfully ,they were successful. All that I feel is left, are small unavoidable effects that are leftover from being griefstricken and in shock. Simple medication should carry me through the last bit of my recovery.

Thread Information