Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fear of forgetting/memory loss

Re: Fear of forgetting/memory loss

Yea some times i just cant think straight like my heads all over the place. I am driving myself nuts because i have to go over things in my head e.g date, time, day of the week. Cos im scared i wont no. This has only begun since i watched 24hours in a&e and a girl came in with memory loss and it scared the crap outta me! Been worrying since :-/

Oh Charee, don't think i am that bad, but this morning i found something i had been looking for. I cannot remember putting them there in that paticular place. Have been
    worried about finding them for 10 days.
    I must start to remember where i put things in the futureit is so frustrating

I am like this too. If something gets moved in my house and everyone is accusing everyone else about it although I know in my heart I didnt move it, I do start doubting myself, I start thinking, well maybe it was ME that moved it and I cant remember... Its awful but I think its because my dad got dementia before he died and im always worrying im going to go the same way although Im not old enough quite yet. Anxiety causes us to forget things, to panic and to not concentrate and than we doubt ourselves. I know its easy for me to say, but please try to be strong. There really isnt anything wrong with you and you wont ever forget your memory..its the anxiety that is causing you to think this way..Tasia X

I have to add this isnt all the time. Im torturing myself because i am testing my memory in a way as my fear if dementia. When i used to fear cancer i convinced myself i had everything and i examined myself all the time. So basically im doung the same but in my head. My subconsious is talking to me and i tell it to piss off lol but it always comes back. Any tips on how to stop these thoughts?

When all my anxiety started and I was in my worst state of anxiety, I always had a fear I would go to sleep and wake up having forgot who I am and who my family members were, scary stuff.

That has pretty much settled down now since my anxiety is not so bad but I have actually got the worst short term memory ever now, I don't obsess about it all the time but it is not normal memory problems, it seems quite severe and its quite worrying.

Yea my memory is fine thou i dont forget anything i just fear it. I feel the same like i will wake up and not no who i am, etc its a fear thats got out of hand. I have taken some diazapam tonight, i feel myself again on these and ive only started them today. Im waiting for councelling which is 7th dec.
    When you say your memory problems arent normal what do you mean? Is it anxiety causing it for you?

My wife is like that and thankfully she has no mental inllness as two of us in the same house would be a nightmare.
    she just isn't organised and leaves things allover the house and can never find them. I on the other hand having OCD am the opposite to the extreme.it gets quite comical sometimes.

i think with anxiety the mind races and starts to think about too many things at once and that sets off even more anxiety.

Haha well that made me chuckle

Yep anxiety is a pain in the bum.

Hey, None of you will forget your familys or loose your memorys..unless you have a very bad bump on the head one day. (Ive been there too, but I didnt loose my memory, just got very dizzy for a few weeks). Its the anxiety that is keeping you all in this never ending circle of fear and anxiety.

i panic the same i think anxiety /depression plays tricks on your mind i find it best to not get involved in these thoughts when they start it is so hard when i think back and it takes me ages to remember then i decide everything ive done is pointless if i dont think about it remember/ it again then i work myself into anxiety depression . right now im trying to break that cycle one day life will be normal again and i cant wait

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information