Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My name is Mike, this is my experience.

Re: My name is Mike, this is my experience.

Hi karenp, am on 5mg for around 10 days, doc said i should start 10 later, i am
    A bit scared though. I have all the anxiety symptoms still but they should go away slowly. I came off them because i totally forgot what is anxiety. But when stress came my defence lasted for 8 months only after the first stressor appeared.

When you icrease Thumbalina do you get lots of side effects? When I took normal Citalopram I can remember going up from 10mg to 20 and that's when the side effects would really hit me and used to always have panic attacks. So the only SE I'm really bothered about is hieghtened anxiety as I can cope with everything else, I think, ha ha! I think if I do end up increasing I'll do it in quaters and have actually found Cipralex to be the easiest ad to start up on ever so far and I've been a bit of a guinea pig this year trying lots of them, ha ha!
    My anxiety has gone now after my blip this morning even though I've had this really flat mood all morning too but since I had some lunch (tuna salad as I am trying to be very healthy at the mo hoping that helps too) I feel miles better. I must start really trying to eat brekkie but can never face eating first thing but I think eating really can help both the anxiety and mood. I also went out for a little walk with my 9 year old, only to the shop and back but it's such a beautiful sunny day. We've come back and William's put a BEACH BOYS dvd on, it's not that summery (what can I say he is a little beach boy himself as he was born in Cleeethorpes on the East coast!!!)
    How are you feeling now Mike? No more anxiety I hope.
    hugs Karen x

Day 53:

Stayed up last night and waited for my wife and son to come home from Bieber concert. The concert ran a bit long so they didn't get home until close to 1 AM. So thats two straight nights where i went to bed really late. Had some weird non hooter dreams last night which never helps my sleep. I hate dreams where you spend what seems like the entire night running from something, I think I ran all night last night. I just got up and it's almost 8 AM here. I am not feeling anxious, but my nose is stuffed up and one of my ears is clogged. It's been really cold here the last few days but now its mild out again. So Canadian up and down weather patterns strike again. It was -7 C on Friday morning and now 48 hours later its +8 out. The up and down temperatures screw with my sinuses. So the bottom line is i now have a cold! A cold won't help me sleep at night either.

As soon as I finish writing this I'll go eat something quick and take my cipralex. I don't plan on doing much today. I'll clean up the house this morning and sit and watch some NFL football which I love. I love, love, love American football. . Go Patriots! Come on... I'm a man... My 3 biggest non family loves of my life are food, hooters and football. I just want to have a nice relaxing day today if i can. Hopefully wifey doesn't have other plans for me.

Thumbalina: I am glad you are enjoying my thread, please feel free to ask me anything. We are all in this together! I don't understand why some doctors take their patients off their AD meds after a length of time. If i feel better and need to be on a low dose of cipralex for the rest of my life to be happy, then what's the problem? Why is it so important to some doctor that i ween off after a length of time? The doctors seem to be part of the problem for some people. Seems a lot of people are suffering needlessly because their doctors make bad decisions. It's stupid in my opinion.

KarenP: I feel better this morning even though I didn't get the best of sleeps again last night which is my own fault. I am feeling no anxiety right now, just stuffed up.

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Mike

Hi Mike,
    Stopping medications was only my choice. Doctor told me not to, but I was convinced that I don't need them. She was telling me - just keep taking them and don't think. As 5mg is a very small dose.
    Mike, but you know you still can relapse with medications only thing normally it's is not as severe and deep.
    I cant say I regret stopping them as I really didn't need them then, I was hoping I will never feel this way again. Well the lesson is learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbalina View Post
    Hi Mike,
    Stopping medications was only my choice. Doctor told me not to, but I was convinced that I don't need them. She was telling me - just keep taking them and don't think. As 5mg is a very small dose.
    Mike, but you know you still can relapse with medications only thing normally it's is not as severe and deep.
    I cant say I regret stopping them as I really didn't need them then, I was hoping I will never feel this way again. Well the lesson is learned.

Sorry Thumbalina, I misread your post. I thought your doctor wanted you to stop. However, I have read many posts with people saying their doctors told them to go off the meds that were working, and I don't understand that at all.

Take care,

Mike

I'm not convinced citalopram and cipralex are all that different. Half of what is in citalopram is the cipralex molecule. Half is not, a related molecule.

(I'm a chemist).

Tero, hope so as Citalopram got me 100% well 3 times ((((:
    Aw poor you having a cold Mike, I think I'm starting with one too after opening my mouth yesterday and saying I've not had one for a whole year, typical! ha ha! So why did you not go to see JB then too? (;
    Any how, so glad you are back to having no anxiety today. Cipralex has worked so fast for you hasn't it but I've got a feeling I may need to go on a higher dose unless because I've felt so anxious these past 2 days this is like the peaking period and fingers crossed, I'll do a big U turn and settle down too now. I know one day I'll just wake up and the anxiety will be gone (:
    Any how, hope you get rid of this cold soon x

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

Thumbalina, hope you are feeling well again soon too. x

Hi Mike, have you ever considered your problem might be physical and not mental? I suggest you look up hyperphoria on google and see if this might not apply to you.

Quote Originally Posted by yo View Post
    Hi Mike, have you ever considered your problem might be physical and not mental? I suggest you look up hyperphoria on google and see if this might not apply to you.

I have been to 2 doctors and a psychiatrist who have all diagnosed me with a GAD and mild depression. I also went to my eye doctor and had my eyes checked this past September. Other then needing glasses my eyes are fine. So, I sincerely doubt my eyes are the problem.

Thanks,

Mike
    Last edited by Tunnel; 17-01-13 at 15:32.

So Mike during day 10-20 did you have like heightened anxiety and hot fushing and brain zaps and pure exhaustion type side effects at all? I'm on day 28 today but as you knw only started my full 5mg of Cipralex after about a week of cutting the pill in half, so I seem to be getting all these side effects from day 20 something onwards?????
    Right now I am feeling like I could sleep forever but also feel very nervous and headachey but that's my cold too (giving me the bad head) Mood is good, just a bit fed up that I've had 3 good weeks and since hitting the fourth one I seem to be going backwards not forwards but really hope it is down to me having a poorly little boy at home this week which has been stressful, being very illmyself with what's felt almost like flu or the 5mg's of Cipralex finally peaking in my blood stream??????
    I just wondered how those last few days before you seemed to turn around felt like (:

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information