Thread: heart flutters

heart flutters

hi wondered if anyone can assure me here, last night i was laid down in bed watching t.v, when my heart fluttered like a butterfly feeling , then it did it again before going away, i have noticed this before, and its usually when im slumped in the chair, or laid down,but is this the classic ectopic , as i get these too, but these feel like a missed best not a flutter....
    anyway i then worried and started thinking i would die in my sleep from a fatal heart arrithmia or something terrible like that...
    has anyone else had the flutterry feeling??????

yeah i have these a lot i get ectopics as well i think they stem from them try not to worry about it as it will not harm you i know its scary but if you think about them too much they can come on more

Hi - I get the heart flutters too. Sometimes they make me want to cough too. Not nice, but very common.
    love Helen

hi

i get these every day and have done for 7 years
    i think they are like a few ectopics at a time is is scary and i have the thoughts of what will happen when i go to sleep .i have had them today and i am allways thinking they will start when i go to bed i find drinking ice water helps as mine happen more if i havent had much fluid

jodie

Hi, I used to get lots of heart palps, every day for years. Then I was told by a doctor that most people are walking around very dehydrated, not nearly enough water a day. Dehydration causes heart palps, achy muscles and lots more...especially in hot weather, even tho' you don't feel like you are actually sweating your body is losing water all the time so must be replaced. Water is BEST...it is also great for your skin, hair, kidneys, just the best thing you can do for yourself. So drink up!
    Only down-side is that you have to pp a lot more LOL...but that is good too for flushing out the system , especially those of us on meds. So be healthy and keep on flushin'!

Mystie

i get these on and off even though im on propranolol
    had them the last 2 days. found though if i forget about them i dont feel them. it will be something else soon im sure

we are all stronger people after having this

I get them most day's, they are harmless apparently.

Take care,

Polly

yes, I had these fluttery feelings last night, it is exactly how you describe them, like a butterfly in the chest, it feels like a quiver. I worry when I get them in the evening and panic, to scared to go to sleep. I have had them on and off all day today. Had a stressfull day anyway, so put the frequency of them down to feeling kind of anxious. I have wondered though if they are actually heart flutters or just wind? Its kind of a stange feeling in the centre of the chest, like a quiver. Has anyone noticed anything that seems to make them worse? Drinking more fluids definately helps, so perhaps dehydration does make them worse. I get them almost everyday and have done for about 5yrs now, but still I panic when I feel one, I check my pulse all the time but that seems to be ok, about 70 beats per minute, but it still feels irregular, it just gives me something else to worry about, not good!

Thread Information