Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trazadone increase no change...advice

Re: Trazadone increase no change...advice

Ive been on trazadone for about 4 months. I don't feel that my anxiety has dropped despite going from 75 upto 175mg mow
    I do sleep okay so was intriged by the use of a very small dose in the morning
    Has anybody else done that
    ?
    I will mention to my doctor tomorrow
    I tried some other anti depressants but struggled with the side effects

my anxiety has not decreaced since being on traz.not sure my depression has iver..but does help with my sleep.im on 200 mg at night

As my anxiety is so high, just thinking about changing tablets is not good. Im on such high alert for any side effects - yet I know thats the worse way to be.

I guess I wont know how much effect the Trazadone have really been making unless I come off them - maybe I would be worse without them , but the bottom line is my body feels so anxious a lot of theime , let alone my mind constantly thinking about how I feel.
    I feel like I hardly relax becase it feels like adrenalin is running thru my body a lot of the day.
    If i could get to relax my body, then Im sure my anxiety would drop. I was on Diazapam for 2 weeks and it was so much better , but I knowthey are just for short term fixes.

Im the same mate.allways checking out my moods and feelings all bloody day long,i hate it,never relaxed or calm,wish i could be the old me

When I mentioned taking one sml doage of trazadone in the morning my doc initially said no, but later said just try it.
    The lgic being try it a weekend morning when not at work to see how i go. I guess I could also try a 50mg about 7pm , so could see how I am , and then if it makes me drowsy not an issue.

I have an appt with the psychriatric team again in 2 weeks , mainly to discuss my medication as its not helping my anxiety. Im on 15pmg Traz.

Anybody else took Trazadone in the mornings ?

Hi benn.i tried 50mg am time before,but made me very tired.trazadone is a old drug to treet depression,its main use nowdays is for insomnia sufferers,i was put on this for my insomnia which has worked great.i take 200mg at night and dont feel it helps my anxiety or depression.

Berni this is quiet a old post since i posted it.im on 200mg nowdays and have been for quiet a long time now,im not waking in the night anymore and find im sleeping much better.i dont feel there helping me with my depression or anxiety,just with my sleeping..i felt groggy for weeks the next morning but that has now passed,i wake feeling like iv had enough sleep but find it hard some days to get out of bed,but this is my deppresion holding me back.hows everyone eles doing on traz

I think they prescribed me Traz because of the lack of side effects it normally has. The problem is its not helping me with me Anxiety , or feelings of tension / nervousness/ giddy that I seem to have most of the day.
    I will see what the psychiatric team say in a week or so. I need something to help me pull out of this as my life is a mess right now. I cant even walk 5 mins most days without my legs feeling mega tense, or feeling wobbly. I know its probably not helping, but I am convinced its not just anxiety , but doc is struggling to diagnose what it is. If I could get some tablets to at least help me relax then I would know if it is my Anxiety or not. I realise I may have to face a couple of weeks of side effects depending on what they subscribe. But that's easier said right now ...

Ben,trazadone is an old anti depressant and not wildly used nowdsys,its main use is for insomnia which is what i was given it for,since iv been on it now for months,its not helped at all with my depression or anxiety,there are so many out there now,that is could take months or even years to find one that works,they take at least 3 good months to take efect and of course there are the side effects,i cant deal with that.iv tried others but always suffered bad side effects thst never seemed to go.so for me im stuck,but for you try other meds and give them a chance to work,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information