Thread: Bowel issues - Colonoscopy? Help please X

Bowel issues - Colonoscopy? Help please X

Hi Guys (again)

Well, so far this month I have had Ovarian ultrasound scan, vaginal examination inc cervix. Cervix swabs and finger up the bum...

This is because of lower abdo pains, a feeling of pressure in the rectum and loose stools.

A month later and this is all still going on. I am so fed up with it. My doctor does not know what is wrong with me. I saw her again yesterday and asked her about bowel cancer. She still does not feel as if my problems are serious but has agreed to send me for a colonoscopy. Unfortunately, she has just put it through as routine so I have up to a 4 week wait.

I feel as if I am living on the edge. Any moment I will tip off and have a melt down.

I read back on some of my previous posts over the years and have tried to put my issue into perspective. I have had concerns over lung, ovarian, throat, cervical cancers and MS. Each time anything is remotely wrong with me I march down the doctors.

My husband had a cough for 2 months and didn't even really mention it... I would have been freaking out.

I am genuinely worried that this time something is really wrong with me. It's the pressure in my backside and the pain in side that is bothering me. I have an appt with a gynae in a few weeks as during examination my doc thinks I have a mild prolapse from having children, so this could cause a bit of pressure apparently.

I keep thinking this time it could be for real. Then what will I do? I hear of bowel cancer growing for years without you knowing until it is too late! Unfortunately I googled this :(

I have no visible blood in my stool, they are looser than normal but regular each morning. I have lost about 3 pounds in weight, but I am a bit off food. I seem to get like this when I worry. I have not slept the last few nights very well due to worry...

Can anyone help to reassure me. Can anxiety really cause all these symptoms? I don't think I was that anxious when the symptoms first started.

Hope someone can help.

thanks XXXX

Re: Bowel issues - Colonoscopy? Help please X

Well it sounds like the symptoms may well be due to the mild prolapse, and all the stress has stemmed from the unexplained symptoms. I hope you can get an explanation of what's wrong, and put your mind at ease.

The fact your doc put your appointment through as routine means that they dont think you have bowel cancer. Focus on that.

Thank you for your comments. Lying in bed and pains still here. Just want to wake up feeling healthy, free of worry and full if energy. Hate this HA. Night all X

Thread Information