Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New escitalopram user

Re: New escitalopram user

Hi Guys
    thanks for all your posts. Ive been suffering from all-over aches/pains and on some days I can hardly walk - my psych says this could be depression and has increased my esc to 20mg per day. Ive taken it for 2 days and feel numb/but a bit less painfull. I'm still really struggling though and keep thinking about suicide/my family better off without me as im such a liability. trying to to bear these thoughts and not acting on them though. I have huge empathy for all you guys suffering out there - if only people knew just how bad this can be I dont think many of them would be able to tolerate it apart from us - and that maybe nmakes us very special people in that respect.

Johnx

jb2112:

Suicide is not the answer. As a person who has lived through the suicide of a very close family member, i can say first hand the pain you would be giving your family would be far worse then any liability you think you are to them. My family has never been the same, and my cousin's pain ended 15 years ago. I don't care what anyone says, and i am a very sympathetic person to mental health issues. Suicide is a very selfish act.

I hope you get the help you need to relieve your pain and you start to feel better.

Mike

I totally agree with Mike JB, don't ever go there. I had suicidal thoughts on Mirtazapine but used to always tell my parents right away or ring an helpline up and deep down I knew that's all they wwere THOUGHTS because I have been in this postion 4 times ow and the last 3 times I came through it and know I will again!!! I also understand how horrendous these thoughts can be but I always think THEY GO AWAY and I have my little boy who loves me so much.
    I've not been too bad on Cipralex, I think I have had one suicidal thought since I started it and it passed quickly when I told myself to stop being so stupid and to think of the future and that this is ust the illness talking again and I snapped right out of it and will keep on fighting this illness until it finally leaves me again and this time I am staying on medication even if my doctors beg me to come off.
    JB I hope you feel better soon, 20mg's is a high dose, did you start out on that??? Everything you are feelign is completely normal and part of the illness but just promise me you will always talk to someone about it, even if its us lot on here as your family will want you to be the old JB they always knew and loved, I am certain and that person will come back one of these days, there's just no easy fix and if you are anything like me, these medications take a while to kick in and work properly. Plus you have to fight it yourself...trust me it does and will get better xxxx

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

sorry I jst read you started out on 5mg's, perhsps they have rushed u onto 20mg's too quickly. I've been on Cipralex over a month now and have only reached 7.50mg's as I am taking it slow so I don't over shock my body. I'll probs not get well as fast but am very sensitive to ssri's and wanted to be as easy onmyself as possible.
    Really hope you are feeling a little beter about things, come and let us know you are ok JB x

Hi karen/tunnel/guys
    thank you so much for your replies. This is my 9th day of escitalopram 10mg and I feel really anxious/bad tinnitus. Why on earth do these meds make you feel worse before you feel better? shall I keep on going with them?
    thanks
    jon

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

I don't really want to die, but I feel so bad sometimes i feel its the only option as I've had chronic anxiety/depression for a long time and its easy to feel hopeless when you're like this. I hope these meds work for me.
    j

Jon I feel for you but you should start to settle really soon now and I know I have been that rck bottom I have had bad thoughts but just think of my son and tell myself I will get through this, that's all you can do, just try to think of a light at the end of the tunnel.
    I'm feeling pretty crap too right now since upping to 7.50mg's and I still have to reach 10 if not higher, though I KEEP TELLING MYSELF THE 10MG IS GOING
    TO BE ENOUGH (:
    I just want to sleep all the time at the mo and feel completely out of it and though my anxiety isn't terrible it is there, I feel jittery more than anything with it but just keep telling yourslef it's just a chemical imbalance happening because our bodies need to get used to the medication and the side effects will all pass really soon and it will be so worth it once we are well again. I just wish I could press a fast forward button but that's sadly not how it works, ha ha. Been here 3 times before thogh and I know in a couple of weeks I could be feeling so much better if I can just mull along and hopefully like me you do get some relief towards the end of the day when I feel totally normal again. Thinking of you xxx

Hi Karen

thanks for this. I hope these meds work as the thought of coming off them/onto something else is awful. You sound far more resilient than me - I've had anxiety/depression for the last 15 years on/off and have tried everything so my Psych has put me on these as a last ditch attempt to help me.
    I am very grateful for yours/others posts/help and it makes me feel humble that so many people are on here and yet are willing to try and help others - makes me feel proud to be a human and to 'know' you all and what you are going through.

Jon

Im really struggling on 10mg escitalopram. I'm tearful all the time, feel sick and ill, cant see the point of carrying on like this anymore - it seems so hopeless Feel like throuwing all meds down the toilet at the moment. Ive been taken these for nearsly 3 weeks but dont seem to be getting /feeling better. maybe theyre not going to work for me after all. i have terrible tinnitus which sems to have got wore sinece i have been on meds.
    dont know what th hell to do
    john

John, give it 6 weeks darl. I'm only on 7.50mg's still, I worked my way up right from only 2.50mg's and I was beginning to question whether it was ever going to help me but since hitting the 6 week mark, I have now had 3 really good days where apart from first thing, I have felt really normal all day long. This time last week I felt completely hopeless too (:
    When do you next see your gp? Are you having any other help or just the Cipralex???
    Tell your gp just how much you are struggling and see what they can do to help you get through the next few weeks till the Cipralex kicks in and the side efects begin to pass but it does get easier and easier. Thinking of you ((((((:
    Karen x

many thanks Karen. Ill just stick with it for a few more weeks. I think I need a lower dose as my metabolism is very sensitive to meds and so dont need a 'normal' dose. Really appreciate your support and I wish you well in your own struggle .
    best regards
    John
    xx

I'm in agreement with Karen, 3 weeks is way to early to give up on this med. My doctor told me it could be 8 weeks before i knew if med was helping. It took me about 30 days to start feeling better.

Good Luck,

Mike

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information