Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New escitalopram user

Re: New escitalopram user

Jon don't be silly, any one can suffer with their nerves and there's nothing to feel bad about though I am always feeling a failure every single time my anxiety hits me again. But I'd like to see some people cope with taking these pills and being so ill to start with and have the strength to eventually get better and we will!
    I've been perfect all Christmas but today I have bad nervousness but it's only because I have my best friend coming to stay from South Wales, I've not seer for a couple of years so I have good nerves and nerves bout getting my flat looking nice for her (not that it's ever a mess as I am a neat frak, ha ha) The last week I'd forgotten what it even felt like to feel nervous but at least these sort of nerves will disappear as soon as Mand steps off that train (:
    I started feeling better when I'd been on Cipralex 6 full weeks and I' not quite up to 10mg's yet (:

Ive increased my dose to 15mg pd - no effect yet...I'm hoping it'll help me feel better.
    JB

Jon:

Don't get down about the dosage increase. I have a friend who had to go up to 40 mg a day in order to feel good. It all depends on the individual. Good luck, i hope u feel better.

Mike

Hi JB, It appears we have been taking the same meds for similar length of time. I'm now on 15mg and have been for 2 weeks. I still feel jittery and I'm having headaches, I can almost feel my brain pulsating. Would have expected to feel better than this by now. I have had an incredibley tough year but would have thought side effects would be gone bt now. hope you feel better soon x

Thanks Katy/Mike
    I do feel really disappointed to increase my dosage as I'm having real trouble with insomnia/tinnitus as it is nevermind taking more...!
    I also feel emotionally numb- which I dont like - is this 'normal'?
    sorry for all the questions I just feel so weird/like I have to keep checking things..
    JB

I upped my dose from 10 - 20 mg about a week and a half ago, still feeling anxious and having some side effects. I think we just have to ride it out.

That's quite a big jump so I'm not surprised you have side effects, hopefully they will settle within a fortnight darl and you will start calming down and feeling less depressed. Every time I have increased, my mood has been effected and I've had hightened anxiety. Really hope you begin to feel so much better soon xxx

i feel like im in trouble. I changed from taking my meds in the morning to evening on advice of Psych and now feel really awful/not real/crying/hopeless. I dont think i can go through this anymore feeling so bad. Maybe the meds just wont help me. feel like giving up
    Jon

JB, I know exactly how you are feeling and this is such a lonely journey. I have just had my doseage cut back to 10 mg as I started to feel worse on 15 mg. This is the 2nd day now at 10, I've already had 2 mg diazepam and don't know how I'm going to make it through the day. I just feel like an empty shell but I'm just trying to put one foot infront of the other and keep telling myself it can only get better. I have forgotton who I used to be but we WILL come back xx

Quote Originally Posted by katy2104 View Post
    JB, I know exactly how you are feeling and this is such a lonely journey. I have just had my doseage cut back to 10 mg as I started to feel worse on 15 mg. This is the 2nd day now at 10, I've already had 2 mg diazepam and don't know how I'm going to make it through the day. I just feel like an empty shell but I'm just trying to put one foot infront of the other and keep telling myself it can only get better. I have forgotton who I used to be but we WILL come back xx
    you're much stronger than me katy. I've been suffering with this for 4 years so am really wrung-out/empty and thinking how i can end it with no fuss
    take care
    jon
    xxx

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information