Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: My Escitalopram diary

Re: My Escitalopram diary

Hi...hope you feel ok Yvonne. I still get off days and have been on Cipralex
    A YEAR now but I am mostly brill now. You should soon hopefully have less bad days xx
    Anni how have you been? Good I am hoping xxx
    My little boy is just back from a week at his dads so busy busy busy but wanted to pop on and see hiw everyone is xxx

Thanks Karen and Annip it is good of you both to post at such a busy time. Glad you are both ok. Happy New Year to you both and lets hope 2014 is anxiety free for all of us!!
    Yvonne xx

hi
    How are you Yvonne. happy new year to you. I am having some good times and still difficult times. But I know that having good times is progress.When my anxiety feels mild I try and and carry on with what I am doing cos it can't hurt you. Keep telling yourself that..it can do no damage just feels unpleasant.
    Take care xx
    Good to hear from you too Karen and a happy new year xxx

Well for anyone reading this post now been on increased dose of cipralex (10mg) for over a month. I had a little blip for a couple of days following a bad cold, but apart from that I have been fine!! I have gone back to work after 2 months off sick and was fine - it was work related stress that caused this so going back was a big deal. So if you are starting the cipralex journey hang in there - it takes time but you will get there. Karen and Anni thank you both for your support - I hope you had a great New Year and that you are both well.

Yvonne

Hope you are ok now Yvonne...I always find colds effect my anxiety and depression too.
    I am doing ok, just very tired as sleep still rubbish most nights and I am back on Zopiclone but trying not to take it if I can.
    I had a bad week and needed two Lorazepam again so am a little in front with my monthly allowance of them and currently missing a day as feel ok, a bit anxious here and there but nothing to worry over, the Escitalopram is really helping now I am on max dose but just not there yet to put this episode of GAD out of my mind full stop.
    SO how is every one???? xxxx

Hi Karen

I am still doing fine thanks. Sorry you are sleeping bad. That was what started all this off for me. Now if I cant sleep I just don't worry about it and I seem to sleep better. I downloaded an app on to my ipod - it was £2 - Dr Andrew Johnson Deep Sleep. I listen to it every night when I go to bed and I am always asleep before the end. Also found taking magnesium (don't get oxide get citrate) 400mg per day has really helped. I did a lot of research on magnesium and it really helps with anxiety. I also started a yoga class a couple of months ago and that is helping too. I hope this passes soon for you, the tiredness is probably what is making your GAD and depression worse. There is another forum called panic away that has lots of useful info on how to manage GAD. Worth a look!! I have also downloaded quite a bit of information - if you pm me I will send some stuff on to you.xx

Oh thanks...my sleep has been terrible for two years now. I used to play relaxation exercises but started associating them with the GAD and they made me anxious can you believe,lol.
    My little boy and I have had a virus most of the week so at the mo I feel rather low and though I am not climbing the walls with anxiety it is there today...arggghh, hate it when it comes back as I have had so many brilliant weeks but just put it down to my meds probs being effected by the lurgies, lol. And I will settle again in a day or two.
    I am going to go back to my GP though as I have needed to take 2 Lorazepam quite a lot recently and feel like I will never get off it. I am usually fine after being on an AD for 6 months but this time around it is taking forever to come totally right but then I guess my situation is still on going (divorce) and at least the good days are better than horrible ones now but it's a shock when it hits you again like it has this week...the prob is I don't know if my headache is down to stress or the virus, then I start to worry it's anxiety and then I get the anxiety!
    You sound to be doing so well Yvonne. The self help is brilliant. I keep meaning to join a gym as my cousin also suffers with GAD bad and he finds working out really benefits his mod and fights off the anxiety symptoms.
    How is every one else? Really good I hope. xxx

hi Karen
    Good to hear from you and that you have been so well for so long. I too have been well..so well that my confidence has gone from strengh to strengh. I was signed off by my psych cos I was doing so well. Then out of the blue yesterday I had a strange dream and it brought all the memories flooding back. It mad me feel very, very low the dream and I struggled most of the day, crying on and off. Today I feel like my anxiety is all back and of course now I am worrying about it. My breathing is haywire, my concentration has gone and I have the shakes and the doubts have crept back in again. My appititie has gone straight away. I am seeing the doc today and my cbt lady this afternoon. Last time I saw her I was doing really well and drove there by myself. I am due to drop my diazepam slightly today...I've known this for ages and wasn't bothered..now I'm bothered.
    Right onwards and upwards...I don't want this.
    Keep in touch Karen
    Take care
    Anni xxx
    Yvonne glad you are doing better xx

Hi Karen and Anni
    Good to hear from you both! Anni please don't worry too much. Setbacks are a part of recovery and everyone gets them. Just believe in yourself and how well you were doing and your confidence will come back I promise. It is only the memories of your old anxieties frightening you, but its not real. Keep going - these setbacks get less and less. I don't think it helps with all you both have going on, and the weather is crap too! I am desperate for some sun! I am sure we will all feel better when we have lighter nights and it is warmer. Hope you both feel better soon - let me know how it's going.xx

Yvonne
    Thank you for your encouraging words. I suppose setbacks are inevitable and yes I do have memories of the anxiety that keep popping up. I am determined to keep going though and I know I will get there
    Anni xx

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread Information