Thread: Itching.....worried

Itching.....worried

Hello. Well since Friday I've been itching on different parts of myself legs arms face stomach. Then I remembered that I read some thing that Hodgkin can Cause it. So now I seem to be itching more and I'm terrified! Just thought if take to this forum and ask if any one else has had this or if its all in my head? I'm too embarrassed to go to dr bout anxiety though. Any thoughts?

Re: Itching.....worried

I have suffered from itching since June, more or less.
    My doctor says it is stress related and maybe it is.
    I have been worrying about lymphoma too, but now I focus on other worries and care less about the itching, and guess what...the itching is much better.
    Claritin also helped a little when I was itching really bad.

hiya, i too have been itching, for nearly 2 years, prob due to stress/anxiety, dermotologist said mine was from low ferritin and stress, i get hive type bumps when i scratch,

I get this mainly on my legs from time to time and drives me mad that I scratch even more.
    My GP said in my case it was a mixture of dry skin and anxiety symptom.

I have been itching on chest and legs since May, same answer from GP stress and anxiety plus dry skin

I have this as well, my fears were/are over contamination I was convinced that my itching was down to that. My doctor thinks it is Urticaria (hives) which is probably stress related. Don't be embarrassed about seeing your doctor about anxiety, they will be more understanding than you think. Don't try and go through all this on your own.

Sam

Anxiety made me itch virtually everywhere for over a week or more, twice. Like you I was worried, and the more we worry the higher the anxiety and the worse it tends to get. Rest assured it's just your anxiety, try to ignore it and not itch and it should stop playing up soon. Also try some moisturizer if your skin seems dry, as dry skin can cause itching too x

Thread Information