Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG Doctors Wed!!!! petrified!

OMG Doctors Wed!!!! petrified!

so 2 sleeps.... well i wouldnt say that when i dont sleep until doctors......

......still trying to write down what to pass onto them.... someone tell me what to write please.

......counsellor has emailed me and said she doesnt feel i should see her until i have been to docs and am bit better :( so something else to not try try try to get up for :( not good.

never been so scared in my life.
    • i need ... oh i dont know what i need.

dont think i can do this.

Re: OMG Doctors Wed!!!! petrified!

Yes you can do this Jem. Going to the docs is a big thing, but they are there to help, and they will! I understand your therapist wanting to see you after your doc appointment, she wants to see what the Doc says and then she can help you better, and support you with whatever the doc wants to do.

We can't tell you what to write, only you know that. But I do think you should also write down the progress you have made recently, with coming to the meets, and sitting in a busy pub and all that stuff!!

You can do this Jemma! This is the first step to getting the right diagnosis and treatment which will make your quality of life so much better. You owe it to yourself to go, be listened to and get the help that you deserve. You help and care for all of those children every day. It is time for you to be helped and cared for. Just be honest about how the highs and lows effect your life, the lack of sleep and all of the things you talk to us about. Pretend you're talking to one of your friends on NMP when you go to the doctors Tell them how much progress you have made in spite of the difficulties you have and how you want to make more progress in the future.

There is nothing to fear. A doctor is just a person like you are me. They are there to help. They have probably experienced some similar problems to you at some point in their lives. Go along and have an honest chat. You'll feel so much better for it Jemma

One step at a time. Get to the door, get to the car, get to the surgery, get to the waiting room etc.

Always remind yourself that you can walk out at any time. In my own experience it's the beforehand that's the worst. Once I'm in there it gets easier.

Based on my own ridiculous fears, if I can do it, anybody can!

Not saying it's easy though!

Jemma, You are the person who can get up and dance in front of a large audience. Not many people would be able to do that, with or without mental health problems. Give yourself some credit, you have the confidence to teach large numbers of children, deal with unhappy parents and teaching staff, you can definitely handle discussing your feelings with your doctor, he is the one person that can help you through this difficult time, that is what he is there for.
    Go for it girl.

BobbyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Laura1989 View Post
    Yes you can do this Jem. Going to the docs is a big thing, but they are there to help, and they will! I understand your therapist wanting to see you after your doc appointment, she wants to see what the Doc says and then she can help you better, and support you with whatever the doc wants to do.

We can't tell you what to write, only you know that. But I do think you should also write down the progress you have made recently, with coming to the meets, and sitting in a busy pub and all that stuff!!
    YEH SO MASSIVE...... feels worse than alot of things in life.. arrggghhhh it only the docs, i nvr used to have all this when had to go to docs all time as younger or when i just used to go for high blood pressure.
    yeh but she alright saying that when i meant to have an appointment today :( oh well that something else i dont need to fit in and get to.

---------- Post added at 08:12 ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Serenitie View Post
    You can do this Jemma! This is the first step to getting the right diagnosis and treatment which will make your quality of life so much better. You owe it to yourself to go, be listened to and get the help that you deserve. You help and care for all of those children every day. It is time for you to be helped and cared for. Just be honest about how the highs and lows effect your life, the lack of sleep and all of the things you talk to us about. Pretend you're talking to one of your friends on NMP when you go to the doctors Tell them how much progress you have made in spite of the difficulties you have and how you want to make more progress in the future.

There is nothing to fear. A doctor is just a person like you are me. They are there to help. They have probably experienced some similar problems to you at some point in their lives. Go along and have an honest chat. You'll feel so much better for it Jemma
    i owe it to myself? so if i dont then im a failure?
    pretend im talking to you guys sounds a plan, going to try write stuff down while im in that chain of thought. it been such a well frushtrating thing to get an appointment etc. :(

---------- Post added at 08:14 ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    One step at a time. Get to the door, get to the car, get to the surgery, get to the waiting room etc.

Always remind yourself that you can walk out at any time. In my own experience it's the beforehand that's the worst. Once I'm in there it gets easier.

Based on my own ridiculous fears, if I can do it, anybody can!

Not saying it's easy though!
    the steps of getting to the doctors and getting into the waiting room are the worst....... i remember the first time i ever went about all of this, my friend had to basically drag me in as my feet just wouldnt let me move and then all i did was cry when i was in waiting room let alone in the room, i couldnt even look at the doctor.

---------- Post added at 08:15 ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyDog View Post
    Jemma, You are the person who can get up and dance in front of a large audience. Not many people would be able to do that, with or without mental health problems. Give yourself some credit, you have the confidence to teach large numbers of children, deal with unhappy parents and teaching staff, you can definitely handle discussing your feelings with your doctor, he is the one person that can help you through this difficult time, that is what he is there for.
    Go for it girl.
    ummmm wel see about the stage thing once i get there.
    it strange as teaching in front of children feels so different........and i dont think about it, when it staff/colleagues it different but if children i love it.

cant do it
    im a mess
    cried in every single hour of today and now im crying now
    aint slept in days
    feeling so low, prob lowest i ever felt
    im a failure, a wreck, a mess, and just hate me hate me hate me

You ain't a failure.

Just book another appointment and go, or don't go again.

Eventually it'll be the right day, and beating yourself up serves no purpose.

What time is your appointment?

it was 9 45 this morn

well was meant to be

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information