Thread: Anxiety and conceiving

Anxiety and conceiving

Hey ladies do any of you now if anxiety disorder can prolong your chances of conceiving been trying a year now with severe in off anxiety and still no hope :( I'm only 22 xx

Re: Anxiety and conceiving

Hi Lourah I don't think that anxiety will act as a contraceptive but it certainly won't help you conceiving. I think that as you are only twenty two it would be best to tackle your anxiety issues first and put trying for a baby on the back burner for a while. Having tests to see whether you are ovulating or that your partner is producing good quality sperm will only add pressure to your relationship. There might be something wrong but there is very chance that there is not. If your periods are regular and you are not suffering from pcos or endometriosis then there is every chance you'll conceive. Things that you can do to help yourself relax: talk to your partner, you could try doing a relaxation cd every day, also try having some alternative therapy such as acupuncture or reflexology. I had hypnosis which helped me visualise and focus on a healthy pregnancy. You could also try to get fit and eat healthily. Also include some folic acid in your diet (tablets can be obtained from the GP) EJ

Thank you xxxx

Hi Lourah pm me if you want any more information. I would see how things go and review after six months or so. EJ

Thread Information