Thread: Clenching jaw :-(

Clenching jaw :-(

Hello :-), im wondering if anybody clenches there jaw and teeth??. I find myself doing this throughout the day without realising. Its only happened recently.

Is this another anxiety symptom?? its making mine worse!!! :-(

Thanks for any replys cass

Re: Clenching jaw :-(

It could be anxiety or it could be down to medication. SSRI's have that effect on me.

BobbyDog

i do it all the time and im not on ssri's. It gives me shooting pains in side of head and dizziness. Try to stop it when i realise but its hard. It comes and goes, just get your teeth checked regularly.

I have started doing this since starting Venlafaxine 10 weeks ago, very annoying, and I must do it a lot in my sleep too as I often wake with a sore jaw & teeth!

I do this too. I've always done it in my sleep but it's got worse since I've been on Venlafaxine, and I do it during the day now as well. I spoke to my dentist about it and he said that I may need a splint if I carry on.

I completely sympathise - it gives me a headache and jaw ache which can get pretty bad sometimes.

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Try slapping on arnica gel - really helps with muscle tension - great on forehead and neck as well

I do this as well, it comes and goes. I had a really bad time with it a couple of weeks back. It was like I couldn't relax my jaw even if I wanted to. I meditated and kept busy and it seemed to pass.

I wear a tooth guard when I am sleeping, have a word with your dentist about it. If I don't use my guard at night I bite my tongue and cheeks.

BobbyDog

Thanks everyone for your replys :-). It seems to have subsided but now every minuite or so my tongue goes into a spasm its really strange :-(

Thread Information