Thread: Please help Propranolol 80mg slow release

Please help Propranolol 80mg slow release

Hello guys

I went to my GP yesterday for the first time regarding social/general anxiety. To cut a long story short, im a 22 year old guy and have suffered anxiety for as long as i can remember, gets to a point where it can just be unbearable at times. My GP has prescribed me with Half-Inderal LA 80mg slow release tablets and he's putting me forward for CBT. Im starting to feel positive about the future now.

The thing is, i have a problem. I am absolutely petrified of taking these tablets. I was going to take my first one this morning but i just freaked out! I was going through some Propanolol threads on hear last night and it just got me very worried. Im just a bit scared of the side effects and i have it it in my head that this is too high a dose? I have the packet right next to me and i dont know what to do. Please help.

Can i ask what everyone elses expeiences are when taking the meds for the very first time?

Re: Please help Propranolol 80mg slow release

They just made me tired in the afternoons for a while, I had mine upped to 160mg because of the bad side effects I was having from Fluxotiene, I am convinced that they are what got me through and still are keeping my anxiety at bay. Tiredness at first was the only side effect that i had. I did not want to take them but am so glad i did and am

I was put on these when i first when to the GP and personally they didnt do much for me. I was only on a low dose though so that might be why. You should try them, and see how they are for you. You can stop taking them if you dont feel they are right for you. best of luck

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for replying. Ive been on these for just over a month now and feel so much better. Ive had zero side effects except for tiredness when i first started taking them but not anymore.

@ Janine - is 160mg the highest dose you can get? How do you feel on a day to day basis, do you ever have any off days?

I have had a couple of days where ive felt very anxious and panicky but on a whole their doing well for me.

I am not sure if 160mg is the highest dose, all I know is I was still feeling really bad with anxiety at 80mg and after a few days of 160mg started to feel better however I think my fluxotiene also kicked in.

I do have odd days when I feel a bit anxious but no where near as bad as I did and on the whole I feel back to my normal self.

Janine

Thanks Janine. I think im going to book an appointmnt to see my GP and discuss my options. I feel that i need to go on a higher dose or perhaps try different meds.

Thread Information