Thread: Could Valdoxan be making me nauseous?

Could Valdoxan be making me nauseous?

Hi Guys, I've been on Valdoxan 25 for 8 weeks. Prior to that it was Mirtazapine for several months but because I believed the Mirt was making me depressed and I can't tolerate other SSRI's, Dear Doctor decided to give the Val a try.

To add more confusion I was DX with Coeliac Disease in Feb and been on a very rigid Gluten Free Diet ever since but haven't felt well at all. Infact, every morning I wake sweating, hot, and very nauseous at which time I take an Ativan 1mg and that helps with the nausea but the unwell feeling stays with me all day. I was believing it was all the Coeliac's fault but now I'm beginning to wonder if the Val isn't some of the problem.

I have been getting worse over the last couple of months. No appetitie, lost weight. Could the Valdoxan be making me sick? This last week I've been getting pain in my left side and under right shoulder blade.

Seeing as this is a relatively new drug, I'm having trouble getting any good info about it. The first night I took it I was sick but that soon past, it played havoc with my sleep and still does some nights, I take a Phenergan 25 to help with that. I think I want to stop taking it but not sure how.

Can you just stop this drug? Can't cut the pills. Only comes in 25mg in Australia. Cold turkey?

Anyone had more experience with Valdoxan?

Wendy in AU

P.S. I cross-posted this to DepressionForums.org as well.

Re: Could Valdoxan be making me nauseous?

Ask your Dr for Lyrica...... If your SSRI sensitive this is huge in Europe and used off label in Oz..... I've just started it and getting use to it etc. has great reviews and there is a forum on this site.

Cheers jarrod

Thread Information