Thread: Heart Palpitations-please help

Heart Palpitations-please help

my question is about heart palpitations. Is it normal to get them evern if you are not in the middle of a panic attack? 2 years ago I had all of the tests which just showed sinus tachycardia and PVC's and PAC's. And an ultrasound of my heart. I was told everything was nomral. I am 25 years old with a stressful like and this is not helping me at all. I'm freaking out about these, and I have had them many times in the past but not this frequent. Now it "skips a beat" at least every hour and then there are few times throught the day where it'll happen more than a few times in a matter of ten minutes or so. Klonopin is not helping. Does your heart just freak out and change into a abnoraml rythm or should I relate all of this to stress/emotions/anxiety/depression and panic? I saw my doctor two days ago, shes a new one but she knows about all of the test etc... and she said all she has to offer me is reassurance and she upped my Zoloft and refilled my Klonopin for me. This is way more often and of course I am focusing on it but its hard to believe that just by my occasional thoughts about my heart, that is what causes it to palpitate. Please help, and thank you
    Leah

hi yes it can happen even if your not having a panic attack its because yuo are stil worried deep down and that can bring them on try to relax and things should settle down i am also having a bad day with ectopic heartbeats i know its scary but you will be fine try and relax hope you feel better soon love julie xx

hi leah

iv been getting these for about 7 years now and they still scare me iv seen many doctors and had tests done all fine .
    i get them most days but sometimes like on thursday they get realy bad and i get loads they are so scarey and almost stop my life in ways .
    i find drinking lots of water helps getting the right sleep not having big meals no caffine and most of all try to not let them get you into a state or they just get lots worse .
    i was also told they can happen anytime you dont need to be stressed or woried .
    jodie

Yes, I have had them and went for all the tests too. The Doctor could find nothing wrong with my heart which did help to calm me down, but i still had them when I felt anxious.
    I realised that I was concentrating too much on my symptoms and once I got myself totally occupied with something else and didn't have time to think about my body I didn't notice them anymore.
    If your doctor says you're fine then accept that and try not to worry.
    Becky

Hi Leah
    I have palpatations and ectopic beats. My doctor said that many people get them due to lifes stresses - especially busy young women like yourself. It is the worry about them that makes you more aware of them and makes them worse. Like Jodie said drink lots of water and eat well and try telling yourself that they're just palpatations and nothing is going to happen. Once you take the fear away they should get less.
    love Helen

Hi Leah

Yes it is normal to get palpatations without having panic attacks being stressed can cause them like you say you have a stressful life. I used to get them quite often even when i wasn't stressed.

Now i get ectopic heartbeats had them for 5yrs now sometimes i get them for now reason but try to cope with them the best way i can.

You have had the tests and things are normal so try not to worry to much.

take care
    linda xx

Hi Leah,

I have these all the time, theres nothing to worry about and they do get better, since having P & A attacks i've noticed that my heart has been alot faster than it used to be but now it has slowed right down again.

hope this helps

Liz

Thread Information