Hello, this is my first post here.

I have been suffering with anxiety, panic attacks and depression for 8 years now.

My symptoms worsen dramatically after drinking alcohol, to the point where I am a completely different person the next day as a result of my physical and mental symptoms.

My head feels full, heavy and is all over the place. My heart begins to race if I so much as stand up. I feel sick for days after. I am twitchy, cannot sleep and get panic attacks for no reason.

It intensifies the more I drink, and if I drink for 2 days in a row it is pretty unbearable. I cannot even imagine how I would be if I drank for 3 or 4 days in a row. I honestly believe I would die or kill myself as it would become utterly unbearable.

I want to make it clear that I am not an alcoholic, I drink once or twice a week, and that my symptoms are still there when I don't drink, they just intensify after alcohol.

They also get worse with coffee, cigarettes, sugary drinks etc.

I used to be able to drink however much I wanted and be absolutely fine the next day. What has changed in my body and mind?

After every day which I've drunk on it is as if I am coming off heroin the next day and it is some kind of withdrawal symptom.

I have been prescribed drugs the last time I went to the doctor but I don't want to go down that route as I have read on the internet that they never really work and there are side effects etc.

I just want to be how I used to be.

It's not mental so I can't see how cognitive therapy could get rid of my very real physical symptoms.

What is wrong with me?