Thread: Really anxious

Jem27 Guest

Really anxious

I am having my bloods done as requested by my GP on Thursday so it will be about 10 days before I have my results from now and it seems like an age away.

I have swollen glands in my jaw, sinus trouble on & off dr says its chronic which says it can occur in low immune systems so im even more worried ive got cancer, tired, weak thighs and assesive saliva.

Got myself all in a tizz that my symptoms are of a cancer orf some sort .My dr said I don't look aneamic so surely if I had cancer id be anaemic, he said he is pretty sure I dont.

How am I going to cope looking after my 3 children for the next 10 days worrying like this? I keep having visions of being told I do have leaukemia or Hodgkins Disease and I will die leaving behind my children and my husband:(

Hi there
    sorry to hear that you feeling so worried, i went through a very similar experience 3 months ago so i sort of know how you feel.
    With me it was a lump in my breast, im 35 and my mother died from breast cancer when she was 39. I totally convinced myself it was breast cancer, and for 4 solid weeks i worried myself stupid, i made myself ill with anxiety and panic attacks, i really dont know how i managed to look after my 3 children, from morning until night all i thought about was breast cancer, it really was a living hell.
    Anyway after 4 weeks of hell and being dragged to the docs( i was too terrified to go) and hospital for tests it was benign, thankfully.
    I know it a different situation for you , just wanted you to know that i think i know what youre going through.
    keep strong
    Julie

You will be fine.

Don't even think about it - you can't change anything and what will be will be.

It won't be cancer - all the tests will come back fine - they are doing them to reassure you ok?

The more you think about it the worse you will be so just forget about it and think positively. Start looking at how you are going to get better with this anxiety and start those small changes now that will help.

To sit around and worry for 10 days is counter-productive so ignore it and move forward with your recovery.

Nicola

Jem27 Guest
    Thank you both, I hope your right, I have myself so worried today and im sinus pain is back and i feel awful:-(

Hi Jem

You will be fine chuck, try and distract yourself as the anticipation of the event is probably what you are fearing most. I know it's hard for us anxiety sufferers but you will be fine I am sure of it.
    Here if you wan to chat

Take care Elaine x

please jem i know this is so hard and leaving my kids is my biggest fear but do you really think if your doctor thought you had any form of cancer he would be leaving you this long. he is doing these blood tests because he knows you are afraid and he wants to put your mind at ease

he is doing these tests not because he feels you have cancer but because he is trying to to prove to you once and for all that you dont

believe me i know this will be hard but you will find the strength

im thinking of you

jackie

Jem27 Guest
    Thank you both, your all so lovely on here, I couldn't be without your support right now.
    I have been crying all morning, im so lonely right now.

Thread Information