Thread: What does 'better' feel like?

What does 'better' feel like?

Over the past week or so I feel that I am slowly starting to feel better but I don't know if I am just getting used to feeling rubbish (if that makes sense). I am usually on the go 24-7 and have been signed off work due to an anxiety/depression episode. I am having CBT and taking 20mg fluoxetine (currently 5 and a half weeks) plus 80mg propranolol. I feel really frustrated because I want to do things and enjoy being off but everything is such an effort. I feel really lost without work but don't feel ready to go back. I feel like I'm in limbo and don't know if this is how it feels as you go through the transition to feeling better. Has / is anyone else experienced similar feelings?

Re: What does 'better' feel like?

Yes I can relate I have been off work now for 6 weeks, I miss having something to do and to focus on, but I did try and go back 3 weeks ago and only managed to do a 5 hour shift before I had to leave and come home. Sometimes I think I will never be able to go back as I do not feel well enough (physically or mentally) and then that starts off yet more panic as I start to worry about losing my job. I have started to get depressed as well which is not helping things. I feel in limbo too and like my life is just on a complete hold. I hope you are feeling better soon and I wish I had some advice for you , apart from holding on and things will improve.

Thread Information