Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the chances of my family catching the Norovirus?

Re: What are the chances of my family catching the Norovirus?

Hi MacMan and welcome to the forum!

Haha, I never EVER touch anything that the public touch anyways but I still wash my hands a lot when I get back from shopping with my Mum just in case.

I hate how I never used to fear catching it when I was below the age of 10 but after that I can't stand it. :( I only realised I had this phobia in August this year, yet I've been afraid of being sick since I was 10. I thought I just hated being sick and that's it, never thought it was a phobia or anything.

.....and a ninja.

Am in this emet group to it totally ruins ur life I'd do anything to stop it! Y can I be afraid of spiders etc ???? That wud make life much easier

I know what you mean honeyp1e! I also would have another phobia over this one anyday. Especially of spiders like you mentioned. This horrid phobia is depressing me. :/

.....and a ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyp1e View Post
    Am in this emet group to it totally ruins ur life I'd do anything to stop it! Y can I be afraid of spiders etc ???? That wud make life much easier
    Oh my goodness do you know how many times I havr thought this. Literally in my head made lists of things, bargained with a highr being to make me sscared of something else, something ican choose to avoid like snakes for example.

Deep down though i know that ANY real phobia is just as debilitating as ours whatever it is!

I agree with Richard-not very likely that you or anyone in your family will come down with it. Even mixing with people on a regular basis does not mean that you are at high risk-as long as you wash your hands and remain sanitary, then the actual risk is quite small. It's the worst for elderly people who get stuck on hospital wards with it, as they can't go out...About 18 months ago my nan was in hospital for 4 months and we couldn't visit her, because they had shut the wards for about a fortnight due to a stomach bug virus. I was really angry, as it meant a lot to me to see my nan (she was 99) and I felt really sorry for her, as she was already unwell, but despite being stuck in the thick of it, my good old nan didn't get it! Now that's gotta mean something. I really believe you will be ok. It's horrid hearing about this stupid virus and I too wish people would pipe down about it-but we have the power of ignoring them.

Hi Iced_Diamond, thank you for the reassuring post as usual. Sorry to hear that you couldn't see your Nan! That's awful. I'm glad she didn't get the virus. I hope that since everyone has had holidays, that it's died down a little more now. But ugh, we still have two more months of winter and avoiding yet.. :(

.....and a ninja.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information