Thread: Starting Out....Again

Starting Out....Again

Hi Everyone,
    Last year i hit a bad patch and put myself back on Floroxitine, i had some left over from when i took it at a younger age. I went to the doctor shortly after as the anxiety got much worse. After not being able to cope with the side affects they transferred me to Citalopram. I was starting to come right and made the mistake of taking myself off them. An incident in June kicked it all off again and i havent been able to shake the anxiety since. I have recently left work in an effort to get better. The environment certainly hasnt been helping towards the situation.
    I have been in thearpy for about 2 months now which is good, cause its made me realise what i value.
    However, im still waking up in the morning with extreme anxiety and a feeling of thowing up. I was hoping this might ease or disappear when i left work. The difference now is that i just feel sick and dont actually be sick.
    Anyway, i want to use this time to get myself better and after some thought have decided to kickstart back on Citalopram. I am scared and nervous about the next few weeks. Im feeling like ive taken control by making the decision to go back on them. I took my first this afternoon being 20mg. Its too soon for it to start but im hanging onto the thought that in 4 weeks time i should be starting to feel much better. All you support and advice would be awesome right now. Im worrying its going to be a scary ride....

Re: Starting Out....Again

Off to my therapist tonight. Will fill her in on my decision to stat on Citalopram. I hope she doesn't talk me out of it. After taking my first 20 mg earlier this afternoon, I haven't had any noticeable side affect apart from a heavy head earlier which comes and goes. Will keep you all posted on the progress

Quote Originally Posted by HereGoes View Post
    Off to my therapist tonight. Will fill her in on my decision to stat on Citalopram. I hope she doesn't talk me out of it. After taking my first 20 mg earlier this afternoon, I haven't had any noticeable side affect apart from a heavy head earlier which comes and goes. Will keep you all posted on the progress
    Hi heregoes,
    It will take time for meds to start working again, so dont get discouraged.
    Doing same here, stopped 1, 5 years ago and just had an attack last week. Trying to shake anxiety off- not easy at all. Started my meds.
    Will get there.
    Keep is posted with your steps.

Hope all goes well! Sounds like you are very aware of what is going on for you, so that's an excellent place to start with any med.
    You probably wouldn't be seeing any side effects yet. But honestly you do sound very grounded. Good for you for taking all the steps to getting better.

Thanks Thumbalina and Flossie. Went to therapist tonight and in typical fashion I couldn't get a yea or no, but a it's up to you answer and that they would support me either way. So I think I'll continue on and rise out these next few weeks. No side effects tonight, about to hit the sack so hoping for a continued good nights sleep. I always sleep pretty well.
    Good luck Thumbalina on starting your journey as well. Let's both stay committed to the cause lol. Keep me posted on your progress.

Thread Information