Thread: feeling like yuck

feeling like yuck

Ive been on 20mg for 8-9 weeks now and i feel like utter crap;
    more anxious/nervous,
    depressed, paranoia, i was not a paranoid person before so i dont know where that has come from,
    having silly thoughts running through my head and it feels like ive given up,
    i wake up every morning feeling very shaky,
    I have a tightness in my throat like something is stuck in it
    i cant even make conversation with anyone around me and i just feel like going to bed all the time, i really cant be bothered doing anything around the house. Ive not been out for about a week, and spend the day in my pjs.

I dont know what to do, im really scared.

Re: feeling like yuck

Sending you big hugs. I can't believe how unfair this horrible illness is but it WILL get better. I know how hard it can be to pull yourself through each day and how scary the thoughts and feelings are at times. At 8-9 weeks, I think you have done an AMAZING job of coping. You are stronger than you think. If things are getting too much, go back to your doctor and explain how you are feeling. They may be able to adjust the medication to suit you better or give you something in addition to help you until things take a turn for the better. Try to remember that they are just thoughts and feelings. They are not real and they can't hurt you. The world is the same world as when you feel good and you WILL be back part of it soon. You just need to be kind to yourself and give yourself credit for coping.

Re: feeling like yuck

I'm not a doctor but my Doc did tell me that it can take a while with Fluoxetine to feel the effects and to balance your emotions and anxiety. He said ideally for anxiety you should be on 20-40mg. All these feelings you have now are horrible and many of the people on this part of the forum will relate as Fluoxetine has effected us in similar ways (I too have unnpleasent head feelings and shaky in the mornings and I have hand tremors. My doctor told me something which I do tend to agree with, generally he said it tends to work better on people who have the worse side effects on it, what he means by that is that Fluoxetine is starting to have an effect on raising the serotonin levels between your synapses and an SSRI can effect other parts of the brain too. If you feel though that Fluoxetine really isn't for you then visit your Doctor and maybe review the meds there are other SSRI's out there for anxiety such as Sertraline

Previous Medication:
    Propranalol, Sertraline, Seroxat and Citalopram

Song covers on sound cloud:
    http://soundcloud.com/nathan-daly

Thread Information