Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NMP daily success diary

NMP daily success diary

It's been a while since we all got together to celebrate our successes, so I thought I would start a thread for just that purpose

So, post your successes here! It doesn't matter how big or small they are - every single step forward is a step further towards your goals, and everyone here understands how hard won those small battles can be.

Did you get out for a walk today?
    Make a telephone call?
    Make eye contact with a stranger?
    Go to the supermarket?

Whatever it is, we want to celebrate it with you, so get posting!

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

I'll start:
    Over the last week or so I've been feeling that I've been slowly sliding backwards in my ability to get further afield (thanks to a tummy bug in the main). I needed some extra gift tags for Christmas though, and as I couldn't find any I liked in my local supermarket I decided to go to The Range in town to look for some. I was just going to go there and back as quickly as I could, but at the junction to the car park I decided to push myself harder, so I went and parked up in one of the busy city car parks instead. I went to Lakeland and got some Christmas presents, Debenhams to browse their sale event, and to a local jeweller to ask if they would be able to alter a charm bracelet for me (then on the way back home I called at The Range as planned too!) I was really scared, especially waiting in the queue at Lakeland, but in the end I was out for about 2 hours including driving - not bad for what I had planned as a 20 minute trip

Re: NMP daily success diary

Well done Leah, you have achieved a lot today I have made some bath bombs...and...they actually look like bath bombs so I am quite proud of myself

And you didn't melt anything?

I also made it to dancing tonight for the first time this month

Sorry Elle-Kay,
    It looks as thought a lot of us are having a bad time at the moment, hence the lack of support for this thread.

I hope to be posting something positive within the next week.

Sarah.

BobbyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Elle-Kay View Post
    And you didn't melt anything?

I also made it to dancing tonight for the first time this month
    Luckily you don't need to heat anything for bath bombs...I am going to have another go of the soap though...bought some better moulds See what damage I can do this time.

I am hoping to have a success story to tell tomorrow night..going out for lunch with a friend tomorrow and I am actually quite looking forward to it. Apart from the first hour after I woke up this morning, I have had an anxiety free day

That's excellent news I had a bit of a shaky start to the morning - felt a bit tearful on going out - but this afternoon & evening I have felt pretty good. I picked up my knitting & made another mug cosy, watched some TV, ate some chocolate, and this evening I had my first glass of wine since at least August. Before now I have been too afraid that it would trigger a panic attack (this happened around the time I signed off alcohol), but tonight I felt ready to try it. Is having a cheeky glass of wine a success?! lol

Sounds like a good success to me I managed to clean the bathroom, bedrooms and kitchen and visit my neighbour

That's great news Leah . I'm happy as I took my Dad away to Cornwall for a long weekend and it all went OK. I was dreading the drive there and back (about 5-6 hours each way) as I've developed quite bad driving anxiety over the last year but it was fine. I actually quite enjoyed it (probably being away from London traffic madness!). Also, we stayed in a coaching inn and my Dad would often wander outside for a ciggie and get sidetracked talking to people so I was often on my own making small talk but I coped with that too (when it all got too much I retreated up to my room). All in all I think it went well, and conquering my driving anxiety has been brilliant- now my world feels a bit bigger as I'm not so scared to venture places.
    Cyber high five to everyone else doing well and big hugs to those having a tougher time at the mo. We can conquer this!

well done electrical_stormgirl, that's great news
    I made it out for lunch today, was a little anxious but managed to eat all my dinner

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information