Thread: Driving myself insane :(

Unhappy Driving myself insane :(

Hi all,

I am driving myself totally insane with thinking something is seriously wrong with me

Im 29 years old in a brilliant relationship have a wonderful job which i love and i have a 6 year old child who is my absolute world. So all in all what could i possibly have to feel like this about?

My trouble is that when im ill, im ILL! And i believe theres something seriously wrong with me. I seem to be ok (ish) when im feeling okay but i always have that feeling in the back of my mind that i have some sort of terminal illness. Then when i get ill or a pain in anyway then thats it. Major freak out!

had a few things happen this year health wise with family members and thats made me 10 times worse, have always been like it but now its got so bad.

Ive never ever told anyone about this and i suppose i put on brave face everyday but deep down these thoughts are dragging me right down.

Thanks for listening guys, i dont know where to go from here.

mustrelax

Hi mustrelax

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Driving myself insane :(

Hi Mustrelax and welcome to the forums.

It sounds as if you have health anxiety - there is a specific subforum dedicated to this where there are many people who are suffering from what you are. You are NOT alone in this, and hopefully there are topics in the forum that may help you go forward.

Don't feel guilty for feeling this way - there are a lot of people who have good jobs, good relationships, good networks around them but still suffer - nobody is immune to it. Well done for taking the first step by talking about it

Would it be possible to book a doctors appointment to discuss how you are feeling? They may offer you medication to try and stabilise your thoughts, but they may also offer to refer you for cognitive therapy. This therapy addresses the thoughts you are having and helps to process them differently. It is quite a common therapy used with patients with anxiety - I had it 5 years ago and it helped me considerably.

I don't specifically have health anxiety, perhaps because I have a long term medical condition, but as I said, pop into the subforum and post how you are feeling; I'm sure there are a lot of people who can offer you more specific advice

x

Thanks for responding, I may bite the bullet and go to the doctor. Although maybe talking to my family might be the first step.

I will pop over to that forum and have a chat

Thanks so much x

Not a problem, we're here for you. Yes, I would really advise you to talk to your family - I think I assumed you already had, but it will take a weight off your shoulders to explain how you are feeling. Even if it's just a short chat with your doctor, they may be able to quash some of the worry you have about your health. Good luck x

Thread Information