Thread: cardioligist referral

cardioligist referral

hi. recently had a 24 hour holter monitor. got results back tday. initially had it strapped to me due to palpitations. all blood work came back normal. cbc and kidneys liver etc. tday however the doc examined the heart strip from the 24 hour period and said therr was a few episodes of my heart beating really fast and shes not happy with it so she is now sending me to a cardioligist. . how do i NOT worry about this while waiting. im 26 dont smoke or deink so its odd to me.what exactly should i expect from the cardioligist?? oh my thyroid test isnt back yet so still waiting on that. any input would be appreciated.

Re: cardioligist referral

I have had many holter monitors and have seen my cardiologist for 15 years on and off when getting symptoms. Whilst I do have a valve issue it is not a problem to my health and all the palpitations and ectopic heart beats I have had have all been harmless. I too have had runs of fast heart rates but my cardiologist has always been most reassuring about them. If you are prone to nerves perhaps that will raise your pulse rate at times, if you get a burst of adrenaline, sometimes hormones relating to your cycle, sometimes no reasons you can think of, your heart just decides to accelerate. It sounds like your gp is just being cautious and doing a thorough and decent job so you can have your mind set at rest by an expert. You are lucky to have a watchful gp! And when you do have your mind set at rest finally remember to carry on looking after the heart you have been given!

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

Just saw thyroid tests also outstanding, yes that can do it too, my thyroid now non existant so on meds for that but even when low it can do funny things to heart beats, so could be thyroid, when will you get those results?

Re: cardioligist referral

Thanks gor reply. yes my GP is very good and perhaps jst being cautious. i was expecting the strip to come back fine so itvwas abit of a shock. i sometimes now and again suffer from panic attacks but uavent haf one in bout a year but i did find myself slightly anxious during the monitor test. just want to know what to expect from first appointment really. finding it so hard to not concentrate on my heart beating. :-\

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

the thyroid test should of been back yesterday so ive to ring up tomorrow to see if its back. she was saying it might be my thyroid. seen as i do hav most of the symptoms. just have to wait and see.

Thread Information