Thread: 150mg venlafaxine

150mg venlafaxine

Hi there folks I have just joined the group to gain peoples experiences with venlafaxine .I have recently 2 weeks to be exact upped my dose from 110mg to 150mg because of a recent dip in mood and grater anxiety issues but at the moment I am feeling a lot worse than before when on the 110mg dose which i have been on for best part of a year and found it worked ok .I have Gained about 14 pounds in weight and i have lost all zest for life .has anyone else experienced this ?

Re: 150mg venlafaxine

hi i laso take 150mg of ven and have put on a lot of weight,been on it since feb this year,before that cit, i am a lot better than i was, but am thinking ofreducing my dose due to tiredness, and the lack of motivation. hope you feel better soon xx

Hi you prob haven't settled on 150mg yet, I would give it a couple more weeks and then maybe speak to your doctor if no better?

Smile Re: 150mg venlafaxine

Hi ya folks I am now back down to 112 mg xr tablets and seem to be settling down now. 150 mg was defiantly to much for me ,.however I have now come off the ramapril for the high blood pressure caused by the higher dose and the feelings of fore boding have compleatly gone . it has been a rough ride with new year spent in hospital but I feel I an getting better every day .

bluejay
    It will take time,but if it works for you,it will make life so much better. You have obviously had a bad time lately,but it looks like things will get better.
    I am on ramipril 5mg,and have been for a few years now. High blood pressure has always been a side effect of Ven and some GP's are reluctant to put patients on it because of this. BP has to be moniterd if you are on meds for it.Ven has worked twice for me in the past,but not this time.My GP has recently put me on Mertazapine which seems to be working.
    Good luck and best wishes that you get better on Ven.

Tony, have you found any appetite chnages with the Mirtazapine?

cheers,
    Paul

Paul
    Yes I have,but not a big change. My normal weight is around 10 and a half stone. Have been down as low as 9 stone on Ven. I normally do not have a great appetite in the morning when on Ven and that hasn't changed.Get's better when I was working and using energy I guess. Only on day 5 of Mert, but since
    feeling much better,may have more of a liking for sweety things that I could take or leave normally.Breakfast,lunch and dinner about the same.
    Bit long winded I know ,but basically about the same.
    A bit of willpower with me at times for not tucking into the cakes etc. although I like them.

Thumbs up Re: 150mg venlafaxine

Hi there folks its been a week now that I have reduced the venlafaxine down to 75mg xl and iam feeling better every day and no side effects also bp has come back down .It seems that this is amount works for me Thanks Tony for your word of support much appreciated.

That is good news bluejay.

I started Ven on 75mg day around 5 months ago now and my anxiety is greatly reduced. I was reluctant to increase during this time and I am so glad I didn't. I would say it took a good 4 months before I really started to feel the benefits of the Ven. It is the only AD that has helped me. I also have high BP and take 3 different blood pressure meds. I have had no problems with this so far and my GP sees me every 2 weeks.

I hope you continue to feel better best of luck, Kitti.

Thread Information