Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cipralex 10mg to 20mg - increased anxiety?

Re: Cipralex 10mg to 20mg - increased anxiety?

Nixe and Danniel how are you both now? Really hope things are calming down (:

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

What was going up from 5mg to 10 like???? I didn't get much anxiety starting out on 5mg but did feel really aggitated whenever I first woke up but have had niggling nervousness a lot this week and I've ony upped to 7.50mg's for the last couple of nights, sleep back to been bad too and yesterday I had horrible flat mood
    but thats fine today.

this is a test - i have problems logging on

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

.....weird
    anyway, i'm still feeling crap since upping to 20mg exactly 2weeks ago.
    I feel terrible in the mornings, struggle through the day and have some relief inthe evenings.
    i felt bad thoughout the whole process of upping from 2.5 , 5, 10, 15 so i guess that's just the way it is.
    I saw a table somewhere on the internet that compared the side effect of 10mg dose vs 20mg dose and the bigger dosage had double the side effects in users.

just remember that although you may feel bad initially, the medicine is supposed to treat those bad feelings in the long run so it is better to just bite the bullet and get it done the sooner the better.
    I know it's terrible. and it's annoying to read other threads where it seems that people just go on for months and months hoping to feel better but it never seem to happen.
    I wonder if the people who eventually gets relief from escitalopram just stop posting because they feel better?
    what do you think?

Aw so sorry to hear, you don't think 20mg's is too strong do you, how long did you give each dose to settle?
    I'm still no better either really and stuck on 7.50mg's that's all....I'm hoping once I get to 10 I'll start feeling more relaxed after the first couple of weeks of upping it any hows.
    I know it always takes me a good while on ssri's to feel fine again, I think it took 4 months last I was on one without needing Lorazepam/Ativan too but was hoping Cipralex would work much faster.

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Yes and I defo think people stop coming on here once they are better, I know I always do (;

Quote Originally Posted by karenp View Post

Yes and I defo think people stop coming on here once they are better, I know I always do (;

I'm still here!

Mike

It did happen to me before from 10 to 20mg with cipralex, I was telling doc I thought I was getting worse than better. She was telling me just wait and see and be patient. It worked eventually. This episode 6 years after I just decided to take 5mg only though she put me on 10. 3 weeks after starting cipralex again after over a year break i don't think I need more than 5 mg so will stick to it for now.
    It was absolutely terrible for 2 weeks since 1st attack this time - no sleep, all possible symptoms - in their worst way... Like never before - but it's getting better day by day - so whatever it is - self therapy, no choice, or anything else - its working...
    My friend who know ab my relapse said today - you look so fresh, so much better than 3 weeks ago - what is it ..... I said - it's magic tablets "...
    You have to believe that they will help you...

Thumbalina, it's good to hear you are starting to feel better day by day. I am in the rarly stages of a dose increase so feel a bit wobbly again and back to having the flushes etc, oh and bad heads. am just hoping might settle a little in time for Christmas, hope you continue to get better every day.

Any better Nixe and Daniel? I've had increased anxiety for the past 4 days or so but this afternoon I feel much better but have been out in town, started off very nervous but it totally wore off especially when I ende dup in the pet store cooing over little baby rabbits and guinea pigs, ha ha! William is asking for a rabbit for Christmas but I looked and thought nope, not yet anyhow!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbalina View Post
    My friend who know ab my relapse said today - you look so fresh, so much better than 3 weeks ago - what is it ..... I said - it's magic tablets "...
    You have to believe that they will help you...
    I agree Thumbalina. You have to believe the meds will work, its counterproductive to worry about every side effect you experience. I know its hard sometimes, but I think having a very positive outlook is a real key.

Take care,

Mike

I totally agree and every faith in Cipralex because Citalopram worked wonders for me 3 times and hat was the old type so I am hoping the new stuff is better, ha ha!
    Having a good day so far after a rocky start. Just popping over onto your thread Mike for a chat xxx But my heightened anxiety seems to have calmed down (:

i have been on 10 mg for a few months now, got better but now getting worse (depression and anxiety) ... my counselor asked me to call my doctor for an increase. i did, left a message for her, haven't heard back yet but am a bit nervous about going up to 20 during the holidays.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information